Chapter 183.

Hardin's POV.

"Do you have a place in mind that you want to go?" I ask her when we get back to the car.

I keep trying to steady my voice so I don't sound so fucking lame.

"No, not really. Just somewhere with food." She smiles.

She is being really cool about this and I'm glad.

"Okay.. McDonalds then?" I tease just to hear her laugh.

"We may look a little silly in McDonalds."

"Yeah, a little." I agree.

I have no fucking idea where to go now, I should have came up with a back-up plan. This night is already spiraling and it hasn't even started yet.

We pull up to a stop light and I look around. A crowd of people fill the parking lot next to us.

"What's going on over there?" She asks, trying to peer around me.

"I don't know, there's an ice-skating rink or some shit." I tell her.

"Ice-skating?" Her voice raises the way it does when she is getting excited.

Oh no.

"Can we?" She asks.

Fuck,

"Go ice-skating?" Please say no.

"Yeah." She smiles, clearly excited over the idea.

"I..I don't.." I have never ice-skated in my life and never intended to but if this is what she wants to do then it won't kill me to try.. maybe it will but I'll do it anyway.

"Sure. We can." I say.

When I look at her I can tell she is surprised, she never expected me to agree to it, hell I didn't either.

"Wait.. what will we wear? I only have this dress and some toms. I should have worn jeans, it would have been so fun." She says, almost pouting.

"We could always run to the store and get you some clothes? I have some in my trunk that I could wear." I tell her.

I can't believe I'm going through all this shit to go ice-skating.

"Okay." She beams.

"Why do you keep those clothes in there anyway, you've never told me."

"It was just a habit. When I would stay with girls.. I mean when I would be out all night I would need clothes in the morning and I never had them so I just started keeping them in my trunk. It's pretty convenient." I explain.

Her lips are pursed slightly and I know I shouldn't have mentioned staying with other girls whether it was before her or not. I wish she knew how it was then, how I would fuck them with no emotion. It wasn't the same. I didn't touch them the way I do her, I didn't study every inch of their body, I didn't  revel in their shallow breathes and try to match mine to it, I didn't desperately wait for them to say they love me while I move in and out of them. I didn't let them touch me in our sleep, if I even stayed in the same bed as them it was because I was too drunk to move.  It wasn't anything like it is with her and if she knew that maybe it wouldn't bother her. If I were her I.. thoughts of Tessa fucking anyone else cloud my mind and make me nauseous.

"Hardin?" She says quietly, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear me?"

"No.. sorry. What did you say?"

"You passed Target already." She tells me.

"Oh shit, sorry. I'll turn around." I pull into the next parking lot and turn the car around.