Part 24

I still hadn't heard back from my mom or dad when I woke up the next morning. I called them again, but again I got the answer machine. I left them a message telling them that I would be staying over that night again. I would see them at Heath's party anyway. For Sunday both Tamara and I didn't do much, I was feeling sore and stiff the whole day. When I woke up on Monday, I didn't realise what day it was until Tamara asked me how I was feeling about the day.

"Oh shit, Daniel finds out today, doesn't he? I totally forgot." I say falling back into the bed. Luckily I feel almost normal now, I was worried that I wouldn't feel good enough to go to Heath's party and let go. Tamara pulls the covers off and drags me out of the bed by my leg.

"Oi! I'm still healing from the car crash I had the other day." I shout in objection.

"Come on, get it over with." She says. I sigh.

"Fine." We both get ready for the day, Tamara allowing me to borrow her clothes. We walk to the kitchen where we get breakfast. It's full with people getting ready for the day, as well as people getting ready for Heath's party tonight. I thought I got away with not seeing Daniel yet as I had nearly finished, when I smell a scent that is appealing but not addictive. I see from Tamara's expression that Daniel just walked in. I hear him walk up behind me and I try and ignore him, but my instincts, as he is my mate, tell me to turn around. I resist them until Daniel says,

"Mate?" I look back at him and raise my eyebrow.

"You talking to me?" I ask. The room is silent. I cringe, not wanting to reject him where everyone is watching.

"Uh, yeah can't you feel the pull?" He asks annoyed.

"No." I stand up and face him. I see over his shoulder Heath watching the exchange in interest, when he sees me looking he turns and leaves.

"You can't reject me." Daniel says angrily.

"Why not? I can do whatever I want." I say annoyed. "I Trixie Richardson reject you as my mate." I say. A hurt expression comes onto his face before he angrily walks out of the room. You could sense the awkwardness in the room; I turn around and sit back down. I feel bad for hurting him, but he was annoying me. Tamara looks at me, giving me a small smile, silently telling me that I did the right thing. Slowly everyone goes back to what they were doing. I finish the rest of my breakfast before leaving for school; I am able to get into the car without a problem. The whole day I try and avoid seeing Daniel, I was embarrassed. Finally school finishes and we drive back to the house. Time to get ready for the party.

Sorry it is short, the next one will be longer and will have the beginning of Heath's party.

So Daniel was rejected, who is Trixie's real mate? ;)

What will happen at Heath's party?

What did you think?

What will/do you want to happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)