60

Chapter 60: Hush Little Baby, Don't You Cry

{D. K}

        "Tyler, we can't kill Klaus."

        Confused expressions took place on the face of the first successful hybrid, his eyebrows coming together to meet as they scrunched up. "Yes we can, Dakota, and we are. You already called Kol, so there's only a matter of time before he gets here and the plan will be in motion." Tyler could still see that Dakota was not opposed to the death of her ex, the man she loves. "The hybrids need this, I promised them their freedom. The freedom that they deserve, and now we can take out Rebekah and Klaus at the same time."

         Dakota closed her eyes, one hand on her hip and the other raised to stop the hybrid from talking. "Wait, Rebekah? I thought that she was still daggered."

         "She is, but Caroline came up with the plan that Rebekah be the sacrifice, that way we take out two Originals with one move."

         "Tyler, you can't just make these plans and not include me in on it. You already lied, when you forgot to mention that you were in full control the night Klaus was in your body, he was there floating around in your head, but you had full control on what it was that you were doing."

         Tyler pursed his lips, and his dark brown irises avoided Dakota's. "You wouldn't have helped me if you were still with Klaus and the only thing I could think of that would prevent you from being with Klaus was that."

         "I shouldn't have helped you now, I was angry, Tyler. I was mad that Klaus cheated, and in that moment I was all up for killing him. But I'm not angry anymore and I have no desire to murder my ex-boyfriend." Dakota sighed, regaining her breath after her rant. "You aren't killing him so you should go tell your friends that now."

         "You see, I can't do that because they've already left to do their jobs. Hayley's leading the with to the cellar and after she starts preforming the spell, all we have to do is lure Klaus into the woods

         Dakota's head moved to the right, no longer looking at Tyler, but at the werewolf who'd been apart of this plan the whole time. "Really? Because it doesn't look like Hayley is doing much leading."

         Hayley walked forward, stopping between the two. She looked nervous, and her hands were shaking. "Hayley, what the hell. I already told the hybrids to go, you need to move the witch."

         "There is no witch, Tyler." Her strong accent held regret. "I made it up."

         "What?"

         "I never intended for you to put Klaus down," Hayley revealed. "I needed him for the sacrifice."

         Dakota's eyebrows creased, mimicking Tyler Lockwood's own face. "The what?"

         "I don't know how to explain it, but I made a deal with someone who can help me find my family."

         "What are you talking about?"

         Tyler was jaw-dropped but the information being dished out to him, the only words passing his lips being," What kind of deal?"

         "There needed to be twelve for the sacrifice." Hayley grimaced, knowing that she was responsible for leading twelve people to their deaths after giving them a false sense of security.

         Dakota's eyes widened, realizing that Hayley had just been tricked, just like Damon was all those years ago. "Twelve what?"

         "Twelve hybrids," Dakota breathed out, easing her hands out and over hear head. "It's an expression triangle."

         "Hayley, what did you do?"

         The werewolf was dodging every question like her life depended on it, her accented voice giving off the final warning that was directed more towards Tyler than it was Dakota. "If you run away now, you might make it out alive."

         "You won't," Dakota promised, her eyes boring into the girl who pinched her lips together at the threat. "—the next time I see you Hayley, I'm going to kill you." Without another word, Dakota sped off, pushing people out of her way with her elbows. Rude words were thrown her way, but she ignored them, the only thing she had on her mind was Klaus. She knew he had a temper and if he found out that his hybrids were conspiring against him, none of them would make it out alive.

          It took what felt like forever to find Klaus, but when she did he was still dressed in his suit that was now coated in blood. She first went to the woods, searching for him, but he was gone. She'd nearly given up on finding him when she tried to look for him one last place, his home. And at home he was.

         He was in his room, his hands mechanically untying his tie. "Klaus—"

         "I killed them. I murdered every single one of my hybrids."

         Dakota watched tears well up in Klaus' eyes, so without a word she took his hand and led him to the bathroom. She turned on the shower, the hot water steaming up the mirror and causing a thick fog to swarm around the room. She helped Klaus get out of his bloody suit with careful hands. Dakota took off her shoes, leaving on her clothes as the hot water beat against her arms and legs, the fabric sticking to her body.

          She was washing his face with a wash cloth, wiping off the dried blood that didn't belong to him. It was then that he broke. His broad shoulders shaking before the sobs passed his lips. He pulled Dakota to him, his arms wrapping around her torso and pulling her so close to him, that not a single part of them didn't touch. Tears mixed in with the water as he cried against the skin of her neck.

          Dakota didn't complain, she ran her fingers through his wet hair in consistent, soothing motions. "It's okay baby, I've got you."

A/N

I just remembered that Wattpad decided to update and give mobile writers the opportunity to add gifs to their chapters, so I apologize if I go a little overboard on them, it's like Christmas for me right now. But anyways, these chapters are falling down to the final ones and I'm really excited for the ending. Like you don't understand how bad I want to binge update and finish the whole book in one night, but I won't. I refuse to do so, I like it when you guys wait, your comments get more desperate and funny and as a writer, I need that entertainment. Please leave comments and like, thanks for reading.

Love Cece