61

Chapter 61: Games of Truth

{K. M}

Klaus and Dakota were laid in bed peacefully, breaths even as they enjoyed sleeping in for once in the busy town. Klaus woke first, his eyes fluttering open and adjusting to the light that peeked in through the curtains. He made the attempt to get out of bed, but two hands had wrapped themselves around his waist, pulling him in just a bit closer when Dakota's unconscious form felt her source of heat beginning to leave.

He smiled at her, allowing himself a bit more time laying there with Dakota. Her sleeping face was calm and seemed innocent; pure from all the darkness and pain surrounding her. "It's not polite to stare," She grumbled, not opening her eyes.

"I'm not staring. I'm admiring the view."

"Well your times up, there's a fee after five minutes."

An jubilant laugh passed Klaus' lips, a sound only Dakota could reel out of the Original. His mouth was upturned so brightly, that his eyes creased at the sides and lit up every fleck of blue that resided in his irises. "I've missed you."

"Is that so?"

"Yes," Klaus affirmed, nodding his head along with the single syllable. "I find being in your company again wonderfully intoxicating. Do you feel the same?"

Dakota's eyes rolled on their own accord. The morning had barely started and Klaus had already begun with the heavy conversations he always seemed to bring with him. "I'm sure I could be if it wasn't so early."

Klaus didn't smile back though, his face was tight with seriousness, begging for an answer. He was vulnerable before Dakota in this moment, he was revealed to her in ways she herself couldn't do. Klaus had basically given her the opportunity to hurt him in every way possible, he just trusted her enough to believe she wouldn't. "Did you miss me as much as I missed you?"

"Yes."

Without much thought, the Original pulled Dakota into his arms and kissed her, his hand pressed tight on the back of her neck, not giving her that chance to pull away until he got everything he needed out of the kiss. Security, love, longing, lust, Klaus needed to extract everything he could from the simple act of their lips connecting with one another. He didn't allow her to pull away until she was pulling back for breath, loud gasps of air entering her mouth to regain feeling I'm her tingling lips.

In Dakota's pocket, her phone buzzed loudly. She pulled it out the read the message from Stefan, and it was then that reality flashed back before her eyes. She shouldn't be kissing Klaus, less than twenty-four hours ago she was conspiring against him.

"I have to go." With that, Dakota put on her shoes and walked out of the house without another word.