You are one very special individual, Christie

Lana's pov

So I went to my meet and greets and my mind couldn't focus. I kept thinking about later on, when I would meet Christie for the first time. I had to try so hard to contain my excitement for my other fans. The meet and greet session lasted about 45 minutes, which was unusually short, giving me another 15 minutes until Christie arrived. In that time, I ate, drank and touched up my makeup. Fred came in my dressing room and squeezed my shoulders. 'Well done today, very entertaining. How are you feeling about meeting Christie? That is her name right?'
'Yes Fred, that is correct' I said with a small chuckle. 'I mean, I'm not nervous to actually see her, just a bit worried about how she's going to react' I added.
'Lana, baby, you're going to be fine, she's going to be fine and you're both going to live the moment you have been waiting for, okay?' He said as he lent down to kiss my forehead. I stared at he floor in thought for a few seconds. I didn't know if her parents had told her or if she was completely oblivious to what was going to happen. I killed the last few minutes by sitting down and going on twitter to reply to tweets. A large man knocked on my door and said 'you ready?' I took a deep breath and got to my feet, slightly unbalanced. He showed me to the room where Christie was waiting, along with her parents. I got to the door and sneakily looked through the small rectangular window. Her dad was talking to her and she looked so pale, like she had seen a ghost. I wondered if he told her. I opened the door and Christie's eyes quickly shot straight to my feet.
....
Christie examined me but she didn't look at my face. Before I could speak, she quickly lowered her head into her hands and sobbed. From that, I was 100% certain she knew it was me and this was a complete surprise for her. I didn't know what to say. She started breathing heavily and had what looked like a mini panic attack. Poor girl I thought, it was to much excitement for just one day. She shot her head up quickly and her deep brown eyes met my own. Still breathing fast and uncontrollably, she spilled out some words.
'I'm so sorry Lana. I-i-i can't stop. I'm such an idiot. I'm s-sorry' she said struggling. I fastly walked over to her and bent my knees to get to her level. Her hands were on her lap and I took them in my own. I took my left hand and cupped it around her chin to pull her head up. I saw her eyes were wet and tears were rolling down her cheeks. I moved my hand up her face to wipe away the tears from her cheeks and she calmed down.
'Take short deep breaths now, you think you can do that for me?' I calmly said as I slowly nodded my head to reassure her.
'Y-yes' she said pitifully and wide eyed. I imitated the breathing I wanted her to do and she went along with me.
'Now, Christie, hello sweetheart! How are you? I'm so glad to finally meet you.' I said smiling.
'I'm g-good... I think' she replied as she gave out a small giggle. It felt great to see her laugh. I smiled and I still had her hands in mine. I tried to imagine how it must've felt for her, you know, for me to be infront of her guiding her through a panic attack and holding her hands. Talk about jumping in the deep end. Her parents looked like they wanted to comfort her, but they held back. I looked at them and winked to let them know she'll be okay with me and they instantly look a bit more relaxed. She was awfully shy. Probably the most shy fan I had ever met, and I think that's what made her seem... different. Christie's breathing was slowly but surely returning back to usual. My hands left hers and I pulled over a chair to sit next to her.
'So what's been going on th-' I tried to have a normal conversation but I was interuppted by her mum.
'Can I have a word, Lana?' She said.
We both went outside and she looked at me seriously. My heart dropped.
'I thought you should know something' she took a deep breath and continued. 'Christie tried to take her own life very recently and spent a week on a psych ward. I wanted you to know because I thought it would be appropriate' she said.
'No. Oh no, Christie. Is she okay now?' I said as I looked through the windows. Christie was bouncing her leg up and down as if she was nervous about what her mum was telling me.
'No. She's not. She is far from it. She needs proper help from a proper place, otherwise she isn't going to get better. I'm scared to go into her room to wake her up in the morning just incase she doesn't. We have had her tested for all sorts of mental illnesses but they all came back negative, which is frustrating because there is definitely something medically wrong with my baby' she said as tears filled her eyes. I pulled her in for a hug and she sobbed on my shoulder.
'Oh darling, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, I can't imagine what it must be like' I said softly and sympathetically. She pulled away and touched my upper arm.
'You'd better go back in. She'll be waiting for you.' she said. I smiled and brushed her shoulder with my palm as she followed me in. I walked back in and Christie stood up. She walked up to me, stared at me for a few sexonds and hugged me. I was taken aback, but I wrapped my arms around her.
'Thank you for doing this for me. I know I don't deserve it but I appreciate it' she said ever so gratefully. I found it heartbreaking to hear her talking about herself like that, and I had to choke back the tears.
'I wanted to meet you and see you. It's my pleasure. You are one very special individual, Christie' I said back winking at her. 'Right, shall we go for a little walk?' I said, looking for her parents approval. They nodded so I took her hand and lead her out.