[6] Monsters and Men

Athena spends five minutes at Stark's computer. Her eyes fixed upon whatever she is doing. My heart slams against my chest as my eyes watch her like a hawk. On the inside, I'm completely nervous, but on the outside I let nobody know what I'm thinking. Feeling.

After a couple of taps from Athena hear and there, a video pops up on the large screen. The room grows quiet as the video starts to play. My voice gets caught in my throat as I see my father and another scientist standing over what looks like my limp body. I glare at the screen, my eyes studying my father. His jet black hair clings to his forehead as they begin working on me.

His features are softer then what I remember. His eyes full of concern as he runs left hand through his hair. It's almost like he cares. And for a moment I actually think he does. As the video continues I start to see how young he really looks. Not as cold as he is now.

"Subject 003 body continues to shut down with the ice bath experiment." I tilt my head to the side as the voice rings through my head.

It's sound familiar. But the face that I see does not. The young scientist turns his head to look at the camera, his dark blue eyes staring back. Athena freeze in place, like she's seen a ghost. Instead of watching the rest of the video I continue to watch her.

A small hand wraps around one of my biceps. Turning my head to the left I see Natasha. I shift my gaze to the floor, giving myself a couple of seconds to try and keep it together before the next video plays. The room turns pitch black, after a few seconds later my father appears next to a metal table.

A whole punch of tools are placed across it as he puts on a pair of rubber gloves. I flinch as I watch him pick up a scalpel, his eyes studying the tool before walking away towards a bigger metal table. A scream fills the room, snapping my attention and everybody else back towards the screen.

The screams continue as we watch the knife my father had just held slice against what I presumed to be my flesh. I squeeze my eyes close as the sounds of my screams fill the room.

Clenching my jaw as I force myself to watch the videos. Anger begins to take a toll as I see the monsters on the screen.

Flashback

I stare up at the pure white ceiling, my body shaking from being on the ice cold metal table for what seems like forever. Footsteps echo across the room as I hear a door slam close. Causing me to flinch. My heart slams against my ribs as I watch a medium size shadow slowly roll in a metal table into the room. His cold chilling eyes finding mine. A grin appears on his lips as he sets the table a couple of feet away from me.

I turn my head to see Athena whimpering. Her body shaking as she looks around the darkly lit room. The man turns to look at her, his fingers running softly up her bare legs as he tells her to hush. I jerk my body up from off the table. A low growl escaping my lips as I glare at him.

I growl again this time loud enough so he'll hear me. Yanking my hands off the table to try and get out of the restraints they have me in. He's face turns stone cold as he watches me struggle. His eyes filling with amusement.

"You feeling okay?" he asks as he towers over me. For a quick second I actually think he's going to let me go. But all he does is tighten the restraints more, causing me to hiss out in pain.

"Better?"

I grind my teeth together as I shoot daggers at him. He smiles at me, bending over the table to look at me. I growl again.

"Honey," he whispers, "hush."

Athena whimpers as he continues to stare at me. Turning my head I turn to look at her. Her brown eyes pleading with me to stop. We both know that if I continue, it will only make things worst. And it will. He'll turn his anger on Athena and I can't bare to let that happened.

I let it happen once and it cost Mia her life. He pulls a gun out from his jacket, training it onto me. He holds it against my head, his eyes telling me all I need to know. He wants me to test him.

"Grimm!" A stern voice calls out from a distance. I close my eyes as I hear my mothers voice. "Step away from the subjects."

"Yes ma'm." Grimm whispers, pulling the gun away from my head.

"Unlock them Jason. It's time for the final test."

End of Flashback

Jason. I stare at the screen as I see the man that helped with the testing. Hydra's finest Agent. My fathers right hand man.

"This is the last test." I hear Athena speak.

"What do you mean?" Tony questions as he steps closer to the screen.

The screen shows Athena and I laying on metal tables. A few inches away from each other. Jason Grimm stands next to me, while another guy stands next to Athena. Their holding a gun to our heads. I watch as my father nods at both of them. A couple of people gathering around to watch if all the testing has paid off.

After a few minutes of silence, one by one the guns goes off. Athena turns around to look at us.

"This is what monsters really look like." Athena's tone is like fire as her eyes meet mine. "They look like men."

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Un-edited. Written from my phone. Sorry it has taken me so long to update I hope you guys forgive me. I watched Civil War Saturday and it gave me inspiration to write. I hope this all makes sense.

Dedicated to CamrynCabello1997 thanks for all the votes and the comment. It's really appreciated.