Ditching School

Wonwoo woke up, not wanting to go to school or face Mingyu but he knew he had to. He changed into his uniform and walked downstairs greeting his family. 

"Wonwoo why aren't you eating your breakfast?" His Mum asked his concerned.

"Not hungry." Wonwoo stood up from the table, grabbed his bag and walked outside sitting on the stairs that lead to the porch.

Not long after Bohyuk walked outside with his bag saying he was ready to go. They walked across the road to Mingyu's house and rung the door bell. Mija opened up the door and gave Bohyuk a hug then Wonwoo a hug. Wonwoo smiled at how cute Mingyu's sister is and thought how wonderful it would be to have a child. Of course Wonwoo would adopt since his gay.

They walked in the house and Mingyu came down the stairs with a tooth brush in his mouth.

"Oh, I'll be done in a sec." Mingyu's words were all muffled but they could understand him clearly.

Soon Mingyu was finished and they all started walking to school together, Wonwoo couldn't help but notice how perfect Mingyu looked. It made his heart flutter knowing that perfect boy walking next to him could be his, but it's a very slim chance he would ever like him which saddened Wonwoo a bit.

They arrived at school and Wonwoo followed Mingyu to his group of friends, who were waving at them.

"Hey Mingyu, where were you yesterday at lunch?" Seokmin asked Mingyu.

"Oh I was eating lunch on the roof with Wonwoo." All the boys looked at the two suspiciously.

"Did anything happen up there?" Jeonghan asked Mingyu while eyeing him.

"N-no why would anything happen? I'm straight anyway." Mingyu didn't know why but he felt a bit reluctant to say that.

The bell rang and they all got their books for their classes. The two periods went by quickly and at recess Mingyu and Wonwoo went to the roof. They sat quietly eating the food they had until Wonwoo spoke up.

"Lets ditch school." Mingyu looked at him in disbelief, he never skipped school. Its never crossed his mind once.

What surprised Mingyu the most was when he was nodding and started following Wonwoo, they went at the back of the school and jumped the fence making sure no one saw them. They were walking down the streets next to each other, some people were looking at them wondering why they weren't at school but they didn't say anything to them.

Occasionally Mingyu and Wonwoo's hand would brush past each other, Wonwoo loved when it happened and it made him happy whereas Mingyu treated it as nothing but a touch of the hands. They got to a street that only had a couple of people on it.

"Uhm Wonwoo, where are we going?" Mingyu asked him curiously

"Just wait, we'll be there soon." Mingyu nodded his head and continued walking with Wonwoo.

They turned a corner and no one was in sight anymore, Mingyu thought this part of the neighbourhood must be the quiet part or maybe no one likes going to this part.

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu and Wonwoo turned around to be greeted by a boy walking towards them

"J-Joowon, what are you doing here? I thought you moved to America." Wonwoo became nervous at the sight of Joowon and Mingyu noticed it.

"America wasn't working for me so we moved back, where did you move to? Maybe I could visit sometime?" Wonwoo didn't know how to respond to his question, he didn't want Joowon going anywhere near him.

"Ah we really have to go, it was nice meeting you." Mingyu said saving Wonwoo and gave Joowon a smile.

"Wait before you guys go, is this your new boyfriend Wonwoo?" Joowon asked him.

"Yeah, his name's Mingyu and I would appreciate if you stayed away from us." Wonwoo started walking away, holding hands, with a confused Mingyu. He obviously knew Wonwoo was gay because he said he liked a guy but he wanted to know how he knew Joowon.

"Have you replaced me already? That fast? I don't believe it Jeon Wonwoo, you couldn't let me go before." Joowon shouted it loudly so Mingyu could hear, he only got more curious by what he said.

Wonwoo kept dragging Mingyu with him, not wanting to talk and a scary aura was growing around Wonwoo. They arrived at a park which had a little lake, it wasn't noisy and there was forest around half of it and the other half was more of a park.

"I like to come here when I have nothing to do or if I'm sad. I guess you would want to know who Joowon is too." Wonwoo looked at Mingyu as he said that and Mingyu nodded.

Wonwoo took a deep breathe then exhaled "I've known him since I was about 6 I guess and we were best friends, nothing big really happened when I was little but when I was 14 I realised I was gay because I started having feelings for Joowon," Wonwoo paused thinking of what to say next. "He confessed to me and I was really shocked he liked me back but I told him I liked him and we started dating, it was all going well and no one found out about it." Mingyu was listening intently to Wonwoo's story wanting him to continue.

"About a month ago, some guy in our year saw us kiss and he threatened to tell the whole school we were gay. Of course I didn't want that to happen, I don't know if my parents would except me or not and I probably would've lost all my friends. Bohyuk found out and he was completely fine with it which relieved me. Joowon didn't care if everyone found out and at lunch he would pull me towards the bathroom and we would go into a cubical to make out."

"The guy that knew we were gay obviously saw us and followed us, he took a video of us making out and sent it to everyone," Mingyu could see some tears forming in his eyes but Wonwoo made sure they wouldn't fall out. "I was against the side of the cubical where he was filming so no one knew who I was apart from the guy, he didn't tell anyone who I was which I was grateful for, but Joowon told everyone he was making out with me. None of my friends accepted me then, people started to bully both of us and I would lock myself in my room. I wouldn't talk to anyone and I guessed I sort of lost my emotions, the bullying got really bad and I started harming myself." Mingyu got shocked when he heard that and Wonwoo showed him the scars he had on his wrists.

"I've thought of killing myself a couple of times, but I couldn't do it. I don't know why I couldn't do it, Joowon didn't get bullied as bad as me because he was popular. He moved away to America and left me in that school with no one to trust, I told my parents I was getting bullied really badly and eventually they decided to move houses so I could go to another school. That's how I know Joowon." Mingyu sat there feeling bad for him and Wonwoo was looking down at his lap, Mingyu never experienced being bullied because he was perfect and everyone loved him.

He gave Wonwoo a hug, a tight one, and Wonwoo wrapped his arms around Mingyu. Wonwoo said a quiet thank you. Mingyu was confused on why he said that so he asked why.

"For accepting me." Wonwoo pulled away and looked at Mingyu, their eyes met and they were staring at each other for a while. Then Wonwoo quickly moved closer to Mingyu's face and kissed him. Mingyu closed his eyes and he was enjoying the kiss until he remembered he was kissing a guy and he's straight. He pushed Wonwoo off him without saying a word and started walking back to the school. Wonwoo sat there mentally punishing himself for kissing him then got up and walked to school.

It was last period when both the boys got back and Wonwoo left early waiting for Bohyuk to finish school while Mingyu went in the library trying to forget about what Wonwoo did. The bell rang signalling the end of the day and Mingyu went to get Mija.

"Oppa, why weren't you with Wonwoo Oppa?" Mija asked Mingyu.

"O-Oh, he left earlier then I did, lets go." Mingyu held Mija's hand until they reached home. He went into his room and lied down on his bed, he wondered why he wasn't disgusted with himself or why he didn't fell angry. He couldn't forget about his thoughts so he decided to play on his xbox to try and forget, Wonwoo on the other hand was sitting in his room on a chair, wishing he never kissed Mingyu knowing it probably ruined their friendship. 

He thought Mingyu would think his disgusting and he would be angry at him, a tear slipped from his eye knowing his chance of loving someone again was probably gone.