Chapter 6

I sit around the kitchen counter, eating the slice of cake mom had left for me before she had gone shopping with Oli to get a suit. 

The kitchen was silent. Not a single whisper could be heard from the outside world. It was peaceful. 

I quietly start eating my cake, just as the door opens and Miles walks inside. 

He grins as he looks at me. 

"Hi," he pulls up a chair and sits next to me. "I tried finding you yesterday but your mom said you were tired and sleeping. Is everything okay?"he asks,his voice laced with concern. 

I was not tired. I wanted to be alone because when I was with anyone else, they always wanted to help. They never wanted to sit in silence with me. They always made me do something and in my room I was alone. I could take my clothes off and not feel restricted in them. I never wore clothes for years and suddenly wearing them makes me uncomfortable. I had stayed in my room and worn every dress Oli had bought for me,so I could feel comfortable in them. I had worn the shoes but I was more comfortable in the clothes Eliza had helped me with. The shorts, the skirts and tops. 

"Yes, I was okay," I answer him and he nods, quietly. 

"How are you?" I ask him as I slide the plate towards him and pick up a clean spoon. I hold it out to him as he smiles at me. 

"Amanda is really good. She's beautiful and smart. She wants me to mark her but I don't think I am ready for that yet." He answers truthfully as he eats the cake. 

"Does she know anything about what happened?" I ask softly as I cut another cake slice for myself. 

"I told her yesterday. She took me to a peaceful place and we sat on the hill and watched the world move on. I told her that I wasn't going to be perfect and how I wanted to take things slow." He sighs, "I told her about what happened to me." He mumbles quietly as he eats the cake. 

"What did she say?" 

He smiles. "She was ready to take things slow with me. I told her I wanted to take her on a date but I didn't know the area. She called me cute and said to leave it to her. That she was going to take me on a date. I have a date in a few hours," he grins at the cake. 

"She makes you happy," I smile at him and he nods as he looks at me. 

"I feel alive when I am with her. I don't feel the constant sadness. She makes me want to be happy," he smiles at himself. 

"I'm happy for you, Miles. You deserve it," I say to him and he smiles at me. 

"You deserve happiness too," he replies as he stands up. 

"I'm going to go and have a shower," he kisses me on my head and walks out of the door as I nod. 

Silence again. 

I lay my head on the counter and close my eyes for a few minutes. I liked the silence. I liked being alone. 

"Is everything okay, princess?" I hear Dad's voice and I open my eyes to watch him as he walks in through the back door. 

"Do I have to come tomorrow to the party?" I ask him as he stands next to me. 

I sit up properly as he looks down at me. I was not ready to meet thousands of people. 

"We would like you to be there, but you don't need to be." He answers me and I nod. 

"I'll be there," I reply and he smiles at me. "What if Cameron is there?" I ask quietly. 

Nobody ever talked about him. They never asked me anything about him, afraid I would break. I did not know if I would. Miles did not talk about him any longer. It was as if the monster did not exist anymore. 

"You run straight to me. Scream, shout if you need to. No one will leave you alone tomorrow," he tells me. 

"Dad," I say and he looks at me. "He is powerful. My blood would make him powerful. He has my blood, and if he's taken it before he comes here, he'll be unstoppable." I tell him the truth. 

My blood would make him powerful. A single drop of it and he would be a monster for a whole day. Two drops of the blood and he was stronger than any vampire or wolf for a week. 

"He took your blood?" Dad growls slowly, his hands fisted beside him. 

Nobody asked anything.

"Yes." I answer vaguely. 

I did not want to tell him how he would drug me every night. I could not move as he took my blood. He had a small room dedicated to my blood. Small tiny tubes filled with it, just for him. Nobody else. 

Suddenly dad's phone rings and he walks out of the kitchen answering it. 

I lay my head back on the counter and close my eyes. 

"What are you doing?" I look towards him as he walks into my room. 

"There is something I need to tell you, Emily," he says as he closes the door. 

Cameron never came to my room. He left me alone after he was done hurting me. 

"You are powerful and your blood is going to make me powerful. I need you to give it to me," he holds his hand for my arm. 

"No. You hurt me, Cameron."I shake my head at him. 

"You are only ten now. I need you to get used to this," 

"Cameron no!" I say as he advances towards my bed. "Please! You're going to kill me!" 

"What did I promise you when you were seven?" He asks standing  near my bed. 

"To always protect me." I mumble as he holds his hand out. 

I raise my arm slowly. "Please don't hurt me again," I whisper to him. 

Cameron was supposed to look after me but he had hurt me today. Badly, and I could not stop him as I cried to him to let me go.

"I will never hurt you again. I am sorry, I was really upset today," he says to me as he sticks a needle into my arm. 

I wince as his hand tightens around the bruises forming on my arm. 

"I'm sorry for this," he rubs his finger on the bruise gently. 

"It's okay." I smile up at him. 

I had fallen for his tricks for years. He had told me he only wanted me to protect him. I wanted to protect him when he told me he was in danger and the evil people were going to come for him. I was young and I did not have my powers but I promised him that I would protect him. 

I would clean his house and he would play with me. He would chase me around telling me my parents were going to find me one day. He told me I was lucky to have parents that wanted me. When my magic came, and I had hurt him by mistake with it,he had hurt me back. I had begged him to stop, that he was going to kill me. 

I gave my blood to him until I realised everything he said or did was a lie. He wanted me for my magic and for my blood. He was never my friend. He told me lies about my family. They were a fingertip away from me when he broke me apart from the inside. 

I would never forgive him. 

My parents, my family, they saw a girl that was trying to be better. That was smiling every day to them, not having an inch of fear inside of her. 

I am waiting. I am waiting for the monster to come back and lock me in a tower. To take away my happiness because I did not deserve it. Miles deserved it. He deserved every happiness in the world, but I did not. I trusted a monster more than I trusted myself. 

●●●●●

Your thoughts?