Chapter 37 - "A Horny Alpha, Closed Doors & Poor Lil' Me In The Same Equation."

Chapter 37 - "When You Put A Horny Alpha Mate, Poor Little Me And Closed Doors In The Same Equation

Chapter 37 - "When You Put A Horny Alpha Mate, Poor Little Me And Closed Doors In The Same Equation."

"Hey, stranger." I call in lieu of a greeting, as I rush past students and fall into step with a familiar mocha-skinned girl.

She jerks in surprise, reluctantly pulling her eyes away from her huge, black, touch-screen mobile phone.

Mobile phone? Since when did she have one?!

"Hey, Micajah!" She greets back with a wide smile, her happiness and cheer splitting her face into two, when she realizes that it's me.

"Someone's haaaaappy," I drawl, dragging out the 'a', as I tilt my head and waggle my brows at her.

She blushes.

"Wow, I didn't know that telling you you're happy is enough to make you blush!" I snicker, observing the pink color in her cheeks shown clearly despite her dark complexion.

"I—um, uh—" She stutters, her eyes fluttering to me and then fluttering away rapidly.

"Nicole?! Are you alright?!" I exclaim, grabbing her forearm and pulling her to a stop forcefully. I place the back of my hand on her forehead, checking her temperature in dramatic fashion, "You seem fine though, is it something you'd rather not tell me—"

"I met my Mate." She blurts out, looking at me nervously.

I remain silent for a few seconds, my lips unmoving and immobile due to shock.

"You, wait—you found your Mate?! That's freaking awesome!" I grab her shoulders and shake her hard, laughing. "Oh my Goddess, the ceremony was like—two days ago! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Uh," She blushes harder, "I—I just, I was busy, okay?" Nicole says the words from in-between her teeth, widening her eyes meaningfully.

It takes me a second to understand.

"Ooooooh," I drag out, letting my gaze travel up and down as I size her up with a suggestive smirk. This makes her turn around quickly and walk in the direction of her class, "That quick, huh?" I ask teasingly, my voice loaded with innuendo, as I rush to fall in step with her.

By this point, her cheeks are redder than a cherry.

"Shut up, Micajah. I'm not that dumb," She tries to sound stern and even attempts to glare at me, but the humor is not lost in the situation. Her shyness and amusement are evident in the way her lips tilt up in the corners, the way her eyes are soft around the edges and the way she avoids my eyes.

"Fine, fine." I raise my hands up in defeat, "So...Who is she?"

"Her name is Kerenhap Davidson. Everyone calls her 'Karen'," Nicole admits, tucking a curl of hair behind her ear, her honey eyes darting to mine for a second before they flit away.