Monsters

Chapter 6: Old Friend

A knock woke me up from my slumber. I glanced at the clock and groaned. I picked up the pillow from the ground and threw it towards Katrina. She shot up from the bed and got in her fighting stance. I face palmed at the sight and laughed lightly. Katrina looked around with her half open eyes.

"What time is it?" She asked as she flopped back on the bed. I glanced at the clock.

"7:57." I said. She gasped and ran to the dresser. She started digging through my clothes.

"Did I say you could use my clothes?" I asked placing a hand on my hip. She rolled her eyes and continued on searching through my clothes. She finally picked out a dark green shirt and some dark jeans.

"Don't worry, I will never use your underwear." She said before running to the bathroom to change. I laughed and got up to pick out my clothes. I picked out a simple, light gray, long sleeved shirt with some faded out jeans that had holes in them. Once I was finished changing, I walked up to the door and started banging on it.

"Katrina, let me in." I shouted. The door swung open to reveal a ready Katrina.

"Do you have any extra toothbrushes?" She asked. I nodded and pushed her out of the way. I started digging through the drawers. I finally pulled out new toothbrush that hasn't been used yet. She gave me a smile and ripped the package open. I grabbed my toothbrush and put paste on it.

-
We rushed down the stairs as my dad started shouting at us. I ran to my truck with my keys in hand. Katrina got in on the passenger side and groaned.

"We are going to be late." She stated. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"It's only 8 o'clock. School doesn't start until 8:10." I shot back. I pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the road.

"This is a piece of junk." Katrina said insulting my truck. I slapped her on the arm as she hissed in pain.

"This is a piece of work." I stated. A parked at a spot at the gas station and hopped out. I ran in and grabbed some donuts and chocolate milk. I rushed back out and got back into the truck.

"What the hell? Are you trying to make us late?" Katrina shouted as I placed the seatbelt on.

"Calm yourself. I went to go get some donuts for breakfast." I said as I gave her a dumb look.

"Whatever." She said. She crossed her arms and looked out the window. I stuffed a donut in her face.

"Want one?" I asked as I continued to shove it in her face. She sighed in defeat and grabbed the donut.

"I hate you." She stated.

"You love me."

-
I parked the vehicle and hopped out. I shoved a whole donut in my mouth and chased after Katrina with my backpack on my back. I swallowed the rest of the donut before I started speaking.

"Do we have any classes together?" I asked. Katrina gave me a blank look.

"We have about two classes together." She said before walking away. I looked around the parking lot and notice that it was empty. I cursed and sprinted for the door. I ran down the halls and got into my locker. I rushed to my first hour knowing that the teacher is going to lock the door if I am not there on time. I pushed the door open before he could close and started breathing properly. The bell rang signalling that it was time for school.

"I am here." I said hunched over.

"Your lucky or I would've locked you out. Don't do it again." He said sternly. I sent him a smile and weaved my way to my desk.