It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)

"Shakayln what the hell is wrong with you, why you acting like this?" Khadarious asked when I jerked away from him because he tried to kiss me before we left for work.

"If you really have to ask then it's no use in me telling you" I said slipping my feet into my red pumps.

"Well I'm asking so just tell me" He said plainly

"Hm let me think, two days ago you told me that two weeks ago you had sex with your assiatant. Did it occur to you that two weeks ago we were together." I said after letting out a slow breath.

"So you're mad at me for telling the truth about a question you asked me?" He asked with confusion written in his face.

"No you dick head, I'm mad at the fact that it happened in the first place. Do you even realize that you did something wrong" I said looking at him upside his big ass head.

"Man it's not even that big of a deal, I haven't touched that girl in two weeks so quit tripping" He said simply before shrugging his shoulders.

"Not that big of a deal?" I asked with an attitude.

"Lose the attitude Shakayln" He said looking at me

"Hell no, the only thing I might lose is my foot up your ass" I yelled

"Shakayln chill out" Khadarious said putting his socks on.

"Whatever nigga, I have to go to work I don't have time for your triffling ass" I said grabbing my purse and briefcase.

"Will you shut up and sit down so we can talk" He asked sighing

"Nope, bye cheater" I said blowing him a kiss before flashing him a fake smile followed by the middle finger before I left our bedroom only to slam the door behind me.

"Quit slamming my doors Shakayln" He yelled as I walked down the staircase.

"Quit fucking other females Khadarious" I said mocking him before slamming the door that led to the garage.

"Did they read you your Miranda Rights when you arrested?" I asked my client.

"No, he was all like you're going down and then shoved me in the police car" He said

"What was the officer's name?" I asked him while tapping my pen against my chin.

"Officer Brigs, he was a fat white guy with a beard and bad breath" He said scrunching up his face.

"Yeah, I've had lot's of problems with him before in regards to some of my other clients." I said taking down notes.

"His fat ass needs to be fired" He said huffing making me laugh.

"Well I'll see you in court, until then stay out of trouble" I said standing up to shake his hand and escort him to the door.

"Yes ma'am, I'll see you later beautiful" He said making me smile.

"Bye Lawrence" I said laughing before shutting the door to my office after he'd left.

A couple hours after he'd left I was looking through Officer Brigs's files.

"Ms. Smith, someone is here to see you" My secretary said from the intercom that was located on my desk.

"Send them in" I said sighing, I had worked through my lunch and due to Khadarious's ass I didn't have time to get breakfast this morning and I was hungry as hell.

"Hell no, get out" I said pointing to the door when Byron walked through the door.

"I brought food" He said dangling the two bags from Subway in one hand and the Sprite in the other.