Chapter 55: Departure

October, 7th Wednesday

The female pushed her resting head further into the soft material she was pressed against and as a sliver of light struck her eyelids she furrowed her brow at the discomfort and disturbance it caused. Soon enough, her brain yearned for the original peace it had and forced the girl to open her deprived eyes.

After glazing her vision over her surroundings she realised that she had been taking her placid slumber in her assigned room. After taking a moment to scan over her cosy environment she yawned out her previous fatigued form until her brain could properly switch on. 'Something doesn't seem right...' However, after analysing every inch of the area, she concluded on nothing that could be considered 'out of place' and proceeded to peel her warm covers off and shudder slightly as her body became uninsulated. 'Gosh it's cold...cold...cold?' As the word seemed to echo in her mind, causing slight dèjá vu in her subconscious, she tried to half-heartedly unscramble the meaning while she changed her clothes. 'Cold...cold...cold but...-why is my pyjama so dusty?' She looked at the garments with a quizzical expression after she had fully changed, trying to recall what might have caused some of the stains on the back. 'Cold...dusty...? Oh God!' She quickly dropped her clothes and nearly stumbled out of the door before running towards the first floor of the building.

Descending down she scanned the living area to spot no sign of life. Concluding that nobody had nested themselves in the open room she prepared to check on another location before spotting a head poking up from the floor to regard her. "It's 6:30am, go back to bed." Alex calmly told the girl before kneeling back down, causing the female's curiosity to trigger her inquiring nature.

"What are you doing?" As she approached the floored male, she noticed him scrubbing at the carpet, mindful over his work with careful precision. "Why are you cleaning? Your hand must be killing you, stop." (Y/n) crouched down, balancing on her toes to check on his activity and the hand that had to be bandaged after its severe maltreatment.

"This is part of my punishment..." He answered the girl with little regard and kept his focus on the task in front of him. The female shot him a glare before ripping the brush out of his grip with little effort and began taking over his duty with motivation. "Stop. Don't tire yourself-" As the male reached out to halt the girl, she simply shuffled away from his grasp and acted as though the hampering hadn't occurred. As Alex made another attempt at obstructing the female, he received the same treatment and stopped his efforts as he realised she would not give in on her motive. "(Y/n) please-"

"Alex if you're going to help me then do it. If not, then leave me alone." The girl lightly responded to him with slight irritation resonating in her tone, concluding to the boy that she wasn't going to follow his command. The male stared at the girl for a long while before reciprocating on her act and joining her with the labour.

"Thank you..." He silently whispered, in hopes she wouldn't catch onto the slight nuance of happiness in his voice. The pair busied themselves with the chore, having little to no communication as they concentrated on finishing off the job. When (Y/n) had deducted the task almost coming to accomplishment, she turned towards the focused boy to strike up a bother of hers.

"So, where did you put Fenrir? You told me to trust you." She gave him a playful smile, catching his attention.

"In a box near the gate." He simply answered, and proceeded with finishing the work off without his dominant hand.

"Is he going to be fine in there? I mean, it's not exactly the best place against weather like this." (Y/n) glanced towards the window looking over the front of the house to see the porpoise sky outside.

"I put materials in it. He should be fine..." The male sat up to derive that the floor and carpet were at an acceptable enough state for his mother's liking and sighed out his exhaustion.