Part 3

I woke up the next morning doing my same routine as always. But today was the day when the whole family goes to the Great Woods Lodge. I had some time to kill so i took a short walk in the woods next to my house. As I was walking through the woods that same scent came to me again and I followed it. Don't ask why. What I saw next shocked me. It was the gold wolf sleeping under a great big willow tree I had never seen before. I had a strange urge to walk up and pet this wolf and I was debating if I should. You would think most girls would run away screaming. But Im not a normal girl in fact I think no one is normal. Before I knew it I was kneeling so close to the wolf I could touch it.

'What am I doing! Am I crazy. Of course I am why else would I be kneeling by this giant wolf that could wake up and attack me at any second.' I thought to myself.

And not even a second later the gold wolf opened it's eyes and looked at me groggily. It seemed it needed a few seconds to process what was going on so I took the opportunity to quietly get up and try to get away. As I had stepped maybe two feet away the gold wolf was up in seconds and in front of me.

'This is it this is where my life ends. Goodbye world I had a good run.' I thought to myself as I squeezed my eyes shut and held one hand in front of me thinking it might stop the wolf.

I backed myself up into the willow tree waiting for the pain. But it never came. But instead I felt a furry soft coat run along my hand. I opened my eyes and to my surprise the gold wolf had put its head against my hand. I was in complete shock that my legs lost all feeling and I fell to the ground still looking up at the golden wolf.

'Mate. Don't you realize he is your mate Marie?' I heard a voice in my head. It was the same one I heard in town.

'Who are you?' I asked the strange voice in my head hoping it was all my imagination.

'Im Lilly. And I am your wolf.' She said calmly as if understanding I had no idea what was happening.

'Well Lilly Im Marie. But you probably already knew that.' I said calmly. I don't know why I wasn't freaking out, but somehow this all felt normal to me as if I already knew what was happening. But that is the thing. I don't.

'I can hear your thoughts you know. We are combined. The only reason why I am here now is because you have found our mate.' Lilly said happily.

'Mate? How can he be our mate, I mean it's a wolf. Not a person.' I said bluntly.

'No he is like you. A werewolf.' Lilly said.

'Im not a werewolf. That is ridiculous!' I said confused.

'But you are. I may have laid dormant inside you but I've seen every second of your life as you grew up. As we grew up. I know you have read books on this. You should know this whole thing already.' Lilly said in a duh tone.

She is right I have read about this stuff. But it isn't suppose to be real. It was all fiction or at least it's not anymore and the world doesn't know it. But none of this makes sense. I looked back at the golden wolf who was now laying down with his massive head on my lap. I didn't even realize that he had done that. I petted him and I could feel sparks fly through my hands.

"Hi there who ever you are." I said to him knowing I sounded stupid.

"This voice in my head. Her name is Lilly. But apparently she says you are my mate and that I am a werewolf and that she has been with me my whole life. Is this true?" I asked him. I totally sounded like I was stupid.

'Oh yes it is very true. You are my mate and I am your's.' I jumped as I heard a male voice in my head.

"Was that you?" I asked looking at him.

'Yes.' He said.

'Judging from how you sound completely confused Im just ganna take a wild guess and say you probably grew up with a human family and not in a pack.' He said. All I could do was nod but I did it without knowing.

I could see a wolfish smile appear on his face. I smiled back at him.

'Tell him to shift so you know what he looks like in his human form!' Lilly said franticly and excited.

"Ummm...Lilly wants you to shift to your human form so we can see what you look like. Do you think you could do that please?" I asked sweetly.

He nodded and the next thing I heard was the loud cracking of bones that were reshaping themselves as I saw him go from wolf to a boy that was maybe 18. Let me tell you this. He was a hunk. He has nice toned muscles, golden eyes, thick hair brown hair, his skin was naturally tanned. He probably even stood at maybe around 6'4. Lets just say he was my type of man.

"Ummm..." was all I could manage to come up with. Then he chuckled and oh my god it made me melt.

"My name is Ryan James. What is your name?" He said with a smile on his face as he reached his hand out to me to grab. I did and he pulled me up.

"Marie. Marie Crimson Moon." I said. It was the name My mom found in the box with me when she found me.

When I said that Ryan looked a little taken back. But he quickly recovered from it in a blink of an eye.

"Nice to meet you Marie. But I do remember seeing you up in that tree and then in town before whoever that boy was scooped you up and put you in his car." Ryan said but had a slight sound of possessiveness in his voice when he mentioned Derek. I will say I found that sweet.

"That was my brother Derek." I said quickly to remove that issue. When I said that he seemed to relax quite a bit.

Bitzz bitzz.

I could feel my phone vibrating in my back pocket and saw that Derek was calling me.

"Just give me a second." I said with a a finger up.

"We are ready to go to the airport to go to The Lodge now. Just thought I should let you know so you don't get left behind." That was all Derek said before hanging up.

"Im sorry but I have to go. My family is ready for us to go to the airport for our Summer vacation." I said a bit sad because I didn't want to leave Ryan.

"Where are you going?" Ryan asked curiously.

"The Great Woods Lodge." It was my choice of where to go on our Summer vacation." I said.

"Okay. Well I will see you around soon. Have a safe flight Marie." Ryan said before running off into the woods.

'See us soon? What does he mean. Were going to be there for like 3 weeks. Don't tell me he asked so he could go there to?!' I asked Lilly.

'Who knows. Maybe he will.' Lilly said in admiration.

I actually sort of hoping that is exactly what he is doing. A few minutes later I was back home and we all got in the car and drove to the airport.

Hey my lovelies. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.