Chapter Twenty-Four

...RILES POV...

"Who are you?" I asked the group.

I instantly regretted it. Their faces sent guilt to fill my body.

I painfully sat up, propping myself up on an arm, and eventually resting my back against the wall.

The warm weight from before slid down and I noticed it was a kitten.

I started to scratch behind its ear, it started to emit a loud purring sound.

I looked back up at the group,"Who are you?" I repeated, slight fear crawling its way into my raw, scratchy voice.

Their faces, if even possible, gained sadder expressions.

Eventually, a buff blonde stepped forward, "I'm Steve, that's Bruce, Natasha, Tony, Pietro, Thor, Wanda, Clint, and the kitten is Castiel but everyone calls him Cas,".

I shifted uneasily and finally asked," Who am I?"
.
.
.
...CASTIEL POV...
.
.
.
"Who are you?" She asked, she sat up with a wince.

I slid down her shirt as her body started to go vertical.

She seemed to have just noticed me and started to scratch behind my ear, I gave a loud purr in response.

"Who are you?" She asked again, fear visibly making its way onto her face.

Steve stepped forward, "I'm Steve, that's Bruce, Natasha, Tony, Pietro, Thor, Wanda, Clint, and the kitten is Castiel, but everyone calls him Cas,".

Riles shifted, seeming uncomfortable, and after a moment asked words I didn't want to hear, "Who am I?"