Chapter 8: Hot Water

Sample Only

Published on Amazon as ebook or paperback.

Walking Among Vampires by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive downloadable PDFs under the Beta Tier.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se 

Nova

It was the most uneasy sleep I'd ever had, though the room was luxurious and beautiful, it didn't provide the safety that the underground bunker had all my life. My parents were my guardians and now, I had to put my life in the hands of Korbyn, not that I didn't think he could protect me, but I feared that other vampires wouldn't take so kindly to my presence.

The first rays of light beamed down through the window panes, between the small sliver of a part in the curtains. My eyes opened slowly, my death grip releasing on the top of the covers. It appeared I had been just afraid in my sleep that I had when I was awake. The small stream of light broke through the darkness of the room, my eyes blinking away the sleep and pushing myself up from the bed.

The clothing I had found in the wardrobe fit relatively well, the white long sleeved turtle neck had kept me warm beneath the veil of soft plush covers. Long black yoga pants clothed my legs, my feet bare and cold as soon as they came in contact with the floor. My light brown hair was in knots, gliding my hands through it as I walked toward the curtains. The attempt to untangle my hair had not gone so well, if anything, I had created more problems for myself later.

Maybe a shower will help.

Letting go of my hair, I reached my right hand out to the curtain, taking hold of the fabric and slowly drawing it back. I was instantly bathed it a warm glow, the full beauty and majesty that the sun is, shone down on me. I'd never been so relieved to see the day; afraid it really would have been my last night on Earth staying the night in Korbyn's home.

Oh no, my parents must be sick with worry...probably wondering where I am and if I was even still alive. I didn't mean to cause them any pain or worry, but I knew they were feeling the loss of me not coming home before the sun set last night.

Maybe I can go see them today and let them know I am okay. Who am I kidding, they'd never let me leave the underground bunker, ever again. I'd remain not only sheltered and protected from the world, but also a prisoner to it as well. My one real hope I had, was seeing what would unfold, residing here with the vampire prince. He brought out feelings in me I didn't know I had and I didn't quite understand what they were either. There was a sense of over whelming power that came from him, making me fear it and at the same time, knowing he would protect me.

I had just noticed that the room Korbyn had let me use, overlooked the secluded garden, smiling at how radiant everything looked just as the sun was rising over the forest. That was so kind of him, giving me such a beautiful view to wake up to.

My right hand released the curtain, the sun streaming onto the bed and giving the room ample light without the giant electrical fixture being turned on. It was something so precious to me, but Korbyn could use this electricity anytime he liked, without having a single worry that it might go out and never come back again. These vampires have everything and nothing at the same time. They don't know that everything they possess is truly special and is more than likely taken for granted.

Sighing, I walked toward the bathroom door, pushing it open and reaching my hand around to the light switch...now that I knew where it was. God, his little sister had made me feel so stupid, that I should have known better. She thinks I'm acting...it's not my fault I wasn't born into a life of lavish luxury. I bet she's never had to go without anything in life, having everything handed to her at the snap of her fingers.