Live A Little

(Unedited.)

"So we're not giving Elena to Nik?"

On the phone with Elijah, he was explaining the real motive behind keeping the doppleganger safe. It appeared her brother was a lot more vexed with Niklaus than he let on. It was their family after that he daggered and left at sea. It was just that, Elijah always felt he owed Nik and had to do what was necessary to make and keep him happy. Eve if that meant being his little lap dog. Evangeline knew he only did it because he felt guilty for doing nothing when their father treated Niklaus so badly. Still, she didn't like how it kept Elijah from having his own life, his own happiness.

"Yes," Elijah answered.
"We are?"
"No."
"No, then?"
"Yes."
"Elijah!" She huffed frustrated as he snickered. 

The elder twin, by 5 minutes, loved messing with his sister from time to time. Sometimes it could be way too easy to get a rise out of her.

"No, Eva. We are not." Elijah finally gave her a straight answer.
"Why are you so suddenly willing to destroy him? Has he crossed you?" She questioned Elijah after a few moments of silence.

It wasn't that she was suspicious, she was just curious.

"He got rid of our family, sister. I believe it's time we should avenge them. Wouldn't you agree?"

She thought about it weighting her options. What did she have to lose?

"Then we can live in peace?" She whispered.
"Then we can live in peace." He agreed.

After her conversation with Elijah, she thought it would be best to check on Rose and Damon. Stepping outside, she realized night had fallen So she headed over to the Salvatore boarding house, in hopes that Rose was still alive and Damon hadn't done anything stupid. Elena was at school where Stefan was as well so she knew she was fine.

"Elena?"
"Evangeline," she breathed out relieved.
"Are you alright? What's going on?" The original frowned in confusion.

Elena opened her mouth to answered when Damon appeared in the room, his own voice ringing out.

"Are you okay?" His expression mimicking Evangeline's once he took notice of Elena's appearance. "Where's Rose?"

"I don't know"

It didn't take long for Damon and Elena to Evangeline up on all of the day's activities since they saw her last. She quickly agreed to help them find the missing hallucinating vampire, not wanting vampires to be exposed in the small town. Thanks to Damon's connecting with the sherif they knew so far Rose had killed one person. A silent agreement was made between the three, they'd take Rose down if needed. Fortunately they captured her alive; unfortunately it was after she had killed two more people. Damon and Elena took Rose back to the major while Evangeline got rid of the two new bodies. While she did so, she couldn't help but think about Damon. The way he looked watching Rose whither on the ground in pain, as if pained him to see her in that state.

Arriving back at the Salvatore Boarding house, she found Elena pacing the living room, no Damon or Rose.

"Where's Damon?"
"Upstairs." Elena stopped pacing.
"Rose?" Though it sounded like a question, Evangeline already knew the answer.