Chapter 4

After class, I immediately started walking out to my car. The sooner I got away from Reece, the better. Just as I wrapped my hand around the car handle a hand was pressed onto the window to keep the door shut. I followed the hand up the arm and to the owner. Of course, it was none other than,

"What now, Reece?" I asked as I turned around to face him. 

He took out a book and a sheet of paper. "That's my history assignment," he said as he handed it to me.

"So?" I asked as I eyed the thick book and the instruction sheet.

"So you are going to do it for me," he said in a 'duh' tone.

"What? No way! I'm not doing your homework for you," I said as I slammed the book into his chest. I turned around to open the car door and throw my bag inside.

"You will if you don't want everyone to know that Renee had phone sex with a total stranger," he said from behind me.

I stopped and turned back around. "Ok, 1, that is not what it sounds like. She didn't purposefully call some dude, it was a prank call that got out of hand," I corrected him.

He snorted. "Yeah, try telling that to everyone else," he said and rose an eyebrow, as if challenging me to say no.

I glared at him and he grinned. I groaned. "Fine," I took back the book and paper. "When is it due," I grumbled.

He shrugged. "Tomorrow," he said before walking away.

My eyes bulged out of my head. "Tomorrow?! B-but this is a book report! It will take forever!" I shouted.

He turned around and walked backwards. "Well I guess you better get started then," he winked at me before turning back around. 

I groaned before hopping into my car and shoving the book into my bag. Alright, be calm Lilah. All you have to do is this book report, and then you'll get the notebook back. I sighed. I loved my friends. And I was happy that we could talk about anything, but the fact that we did talk about practically everything is really working against me. Renee, you so owe me.

When I walked through the door my mother was at the kitchen table looking over some fashion sketches. She frowned when I walked through the door.

"Goodness, child, what on earth are you wearing?"

I glanced down at my jeans and T-shirt. "Clothes," I shrugged as I headed towards the stairs.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Why don't you wear some nice clothes. I have connections you know."

I sighed. "But Mom, you always order me sizes too small," I complained. "Besides, I like my clothes," I had never gone for the flashy clothes my mother always wanted me to wear. It was just like with my car. I don't want anything to attract attention. I don't know how my brother can do it. Half of his 'friends' aren't real friends. They just want money and a cool place to party.

"Well, perhaps if you stop eating that disgusting pasta you make and get your fat ass, whoops, pardon my french, I mean 'toosh' on the treadmill, then you could wear the sizes I have bought for you," she said as she looked down her nose at me.

"Whatever you say, Mom," I said before trudging up the stairs.

Ok so, yes, I wasn't exactly a size zero, but I wasn't 'fat' either. And yes, I may crave spaghetti with chocolate syrup when I'm on my period, ok? Is that so weird? I sighed and threw my bag onto my bed. I would never be the model-size, popular girl that she wanted me to be. But whatever. Who cares.

Keep telling yourself that.

I shook my head to get rid of the voice in the back of my mind. No, I would not go back to that place again. You weren't healthy, Lilah. I reminded myself.