epiløgue

// the epilogue *sighs sadly* I'm sorry for the terrible drawing but y'know. I was feeling arty at 2am.

I hope you all enjoying this book. It's been one hell of a ride *cue tøp* //

15 years later.

Dan Howell walks along the familiar streets of his old neighbourhood.

Although his mother and father (separately) moved out long ago, his house has mostly remained unchanged. It's occupied by another family, but they haven't changed the house a bit apart from the furniture obviously.

It's kind of haunting for Dan, walking here all these years on. Well past thirty now, Dan has built a steady life for himself as a successful entrepreneur, however he never found someone to settle down with. Honestly, Dan thinks it's getting a bit late for that now.

He tried to find someone else, but no one ever held so much as a chance against Phil Lester. They were a small, faltering candle and Phil was the sun. Everyone was a drop of water and Phil was the ocean.

Dan sighs, sitting on the pavement opposite his old home, staring at Phil's old house as well. Dan has so many memories here in this place. This was the place that changed his whole life. He's ever so grateful for there being assholes at his other schools because without them, Dan would've never ended up here.

And it was here that Dan found himself.

Fifteen years on and Dan still knows that he loves Phil Lester. He knows this because even after all this time (always) he can't stop thinking of Phil. He wishes he never left him that day in the hospital, but he did so he'll have to live with the consequences of his actions.

Dan's phone rings in his pocket and Dan struggles to pull it out, answering the call after checking the caller ID.

"What do you want Pj?" Dan asks, annoyance in his tone for Pj ruining his nostalgia for Phil and his time in this neighbourhood.

"Sorry if I interrupted, I was just wondering where you were?" Pj asks, his voice slightly crackly.

"I'm in my old neighbourhood, why?" Dan asks.

"Just worried. It's nearly dark," Pj says.

"That's why there's streetlights and why I have a car you idiot," Dan says, rolling his eyes, "I'll come back to the flat soon. Get dinner."

Dan hangs up on Pj then, slipping his phone back in his pocket and closing his eyes as he lets out a long sigh. The Autumn sky is quickly darkening, the sun dipping below the horizon and the streetlights above Dan flickering to life.

Dan bites his lip, running his hand through his hair and can't help feeling an overwhelming sense of sadness as he thinks of the ebony haired, blue eyed boy who changed his world.

When Dan finally gathers his thoughts enough to think rationally again, it's dark. A few stars dot the midnight blue sky, a couple of clouds also drifting through the air above. Dan breath is coming out in wisps of mist and the cold air is seeping through his jumper and jeans.

And it's there, under the soft, amber street light glow on his old street road that Dan sees a figure walking slowly towards him. Dan freezes, thinking that he is definitely hallucinating now, and watches in shock as the silhouetted figure grows closer.

The person has their head down and are standing just out of reach of the light, just his scuffed, black shoes can be seen; his face is hidden. Dan's heart is thudding so wildly in his chest, he's afraid to breathe. His mind is screaming DANGER! HUMAN IN THE DARK YOU WILL BE MURDERED! ALERT! ALERT!, but for some reason, he feels like he can't run.

"W-who a-are you?" Dan stammers, fog escaping his lips along with the stumbled words before evaporating into the air.

The person steps forward, the yellow tinted glow falling softly onto their features. Jet black hair, dark clothes, tattoos, black jeans. They keep walking, as if Dan isn't there and then harshly bump his shoulder, causing him to tumblr to the ground.

"Watch where you're going loser," the person says, and Dan knows that it's him.

They were Phil's first words to him, this is how they first met. But why, how is Phil here? How could this possibly be?

Dan looks up slowly, and sure enough, there, staring back at him again, just like the first time he saw him, is the most wonderful, beautiful miracle in Dan's life;

a face.

Phil gives him a smile, his blue eyes shining in the light.

"Hello, blurry face."

the end.