37. A Night To Remember.

"If I began to draw myself away from you, we'd still be like two mixed colors of paint. Impossible to separate."

_________________________________________

The King's hallways,

Crystalline Castle.

**

"Is Damien back yet?" I asked the same maid who woke me up yesterday as I was passing by her.

She nodded, "Yes, I was just going to his room to drop off his suit for tonight."

In her hand, she held a hanger that was sticking out of the plastic bag the suit was wrapped in.

"Here, I can give it to him," I held out my hand.

She sighed, relieved, "thank you. I really wasn't ready to face the King's morning rudeness. He's not much of a morning person."

I took the suit from her, saying it was no problem. In fact, it gave me a reason to show up in his room this early in the morning.

As I stood right outside the King's bedroom, in a casual white buttoned shirt and jeans shorts, my mind started to debate if I should even go in or not.

It was around seven thirty in the morning, and it was his birthday. That is the only reason I'm here, to wish him. It's not like I was dying to see him after a long day of being away from him yesterday.

Who am I kidding?

Today was my last day here, and something made me want to spend as much time with him as possible. Just for today, I wanted to forget about what he did. I knew I could never forgive him for making me suffer for years, but I just wanted to make the best of today.

I wanted to start my life again tomorrow on a positive note, because a hateful beginning only ends in destruction.

Before I could chicken out, my hand reached out and knocked twice on his door. As I waited patiently for him to open the door, I ran a hand through my damp hair. I knew I should have dried them, I should have combed them.

I stopped, realizing what was going on.

Since when did I start stressing about how I looked? It's not like I wanted to impress anybody, especially not him. So it shouldn't matter if my hair was messy or if my clothes were alright.

I knocked again because he clearly didn't hear the first time, even though he has super good hearing abilities. Maybe he knows it's me.

Conciously, I pushed the right handle down, and the door opened quietly.

Damien was sleeping peacefully on his stomach, his arms and legs sprawled on the bed. The sheets were tangled around his body. The fact that he was shirtless didn't go unnoticed by me. Or maybe it was one of the first things that stole my attention.

I mentally shook my head, internaly telling myself to stop being a creep. For a second, I thought I should let the guy get some rest and I'll just come back later, but my feet made no attempt to go out of this room.

Placing the suit carefully on the sofa next to me, I walked towards the dark drapes hanging off of the huge windows. I pushed them apart, inviting the sunshine in, while saying rather loudly, "rise and shine, your Majesty. It's a beautiful day."

I heard movement behind me, I turned around to find out that he had pushed his head under the covers to block out the light. He acts like such a baby sometimes.

"And what makes it even more beautiful is that it's your birthday!" I said, in an overly exaggerated tone.

"And you know what else will make it even more beautiful? If you shut the hell up and get your super cheerful ass out of my room." he replied, grumpily.