1:09

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER NINE ]

Rhea, Davina and Kol had checked into a cheap motel in the middle of no where; planning to stay out of sight after recent events

Rhea, Davina and Kol had checked into a cheap motel in the middle of no where; planning to stay out of sight after recent events. Kol had refused to leave Rhea's side— much to her dismay.

Davina was in her own room, she figured that Rhea and Kol needed some time alone to talk. Which led to Rhea standing in front of a broken mirror, trying to repair the damage Kol had done to their de-linking spell.

"Veretres en un sondre. Veretres en un sondre." Kol had exited the bathroom, he observed her trying to repair the mirror— approaching her, he leant in close, "Still at it?" Rhea was so startled by his sudden appearance that the mirror started to crack again, she didn't fail to notice that his shirt was unbuttoned— revealing his bare torso, but she kept her gaze firmly on his face.

"I'm trying to repair the damage you done to the de-linking spell!" He couldn't remember a time in the past few days when her tone of voice hadn't been full of annoyance.

"Oh."

His gaze fell to the white oak stake on the table in front of her— her and Davina had been taking turns in looking after the indestructible weapon, they thought it the best way.

She snatched the stake off of the table, "The only reason we are still shacked up in this dump model with you is because, as much as I hate to admit it, you know more than I do about magic. Your freaky witch-encyclopaedia is all we need." He couldn't deny the fact that the words stung, but his main focus was on the light purple rings that surrounded Rhea's eyes— an obvious sign of exhaustion.

"Okay, well, here's a magical secret from the ancient legends of the Romani psychics, sleep Rhea! You've been awake for days." Rhea wouldn't admit it out loud, but she was secretly glad that Kol still cared.

She started to pack up her things, "Hard to rest with a thousand years of broken trust, and a complete ass next to me."

Kol scoffed, "You wound me."

Letting out a frustrated sigh, she turned to face the boy, "Can you just stop?"

"Stop what, darling?"

"Calling me darling, I'm not one of those harlots who used to throw themselves at you twenty four seven! And trying to be funny," She paused, nodding towards his still unbuttoned shirt, "And that."

Smirking, Kol started to button up his shirt, "Rest assured love, you were always the only one for me. And as for the chest, most girls would like this! But you've never been like most girls, have you?"