epilogue pt. 2

*** before this chapter starts, this is an optional read, i guess. i've decided not to make a third part, so this is indeed the final chapter :) and it's optional because of the major time skip. i need to move on with their lives.

four years later

i scream at the top of my lungs as i come face to face with an empty freezer. i swear, i almost cry when i don't see any ice cream left inside. jack practically runs down the stairs, worried.

"baby, what's wrong? did your-" he cuts himself off when i point toward the freezer.

he narrows his eyes, glaring at me. he's definitely not happy. he's panting from running down the stairs. that took him a split second. new record.

"you scared the shit out of me!" he exclaims through gritted teeth.

"there's no more ice cream left." i whine.

"you went through like two tubs already today." he tells me, exasperated with my behavior.

i can't help it.

i frown, putting a hand on my growing stomach, "it's your sons craving, not mine."

well, my stomach is pretty much done growing. my due date is next week and i can't wait to get this baby out of me.

he runs a hand through his hair, shaking his head, "i'm limiting how much ice cream you eat. no more today." he scolds.

i raise my eyebrows at his words. does he really think he can stop me and tell me what to do? the last time i checked, i was the one who wore the pants in this relationship.

"i think you forgot that i have money and that i know how to drive." i flash him a fake smile, starting to grow annoyed.

my moods keep flipping. i'm almost like jack on a regular basis, but he's been working on his mood swings and has been very helpful through the pregnancy.

"i'll take you." he mutters, caving in.

"i love you." i smile a real smile, flinging my arms around his neck.

"i love you, too." he sighs, hugging me back.

after a brief hug, we let go and our on our way to target to grab some more ice cream and snacks. am i worried about gaining so much weight during my pregnancy? no. i couldn't care less about how i look after. this is just proof that i've become a mother.

at the age of 25. i didn't think i'd be pregnant at such a young age, but jack and i had long, thorough conversations. he was more than ready to start a family with me.

"we should get dinner first. then, we can go and buy ice cream." jack speaks up, grabbing my hand over the center console.

"but i'm craving ice cream."

"i know, baby, but you can't just eat ice cream all day. you need to eat actual food."

i nod my head, "fine."

"don't frown." he glances at me for a second with a grin on his face. "are you helping cara plan her engagement party?"

speaking of cara, we kept in touch after college. after her and amber got into a fight and never spoke again. she's way more tolerable now. hate to admit it, but it's true.

i groan, "yeah, i have to. she's my best friend."

"don't stress yourself out too much." jack instructs.

"i won't." i promise, but then laugh. "i still can't believe sam tied himself down. with cara, out of all people."

"i'm glad it was her. we both know very well you were next on his list." he replies, tightly gripping the steering wheel.