04

We walked to Bolin and Mako's place which wasn't too far from where they ate.

"Home sweet home."

Bolin opened the door and Kiko looked down at the floor for second before jumping when Bomin put his arm out to shield Kiko.

"Bolin, our dear old friend." A man and his three friends were stilling on his couch, waiting for him. "What're you doing here?!" Bolin asked.

"Well, we're here to collect the money you owe us."

"Look guys, Mako told you... we're working on it." Bolin sighed.

"It's been a year. We've waited too long already."

"Just give us a few more months and we'll give you your money."

"I'm afraid we can't wait that long." They walked over to them. Once the main guy, Toshi, saw Kiko, he smirked. "And who is this? Your little girlfriend?"

Bolin pulled Kiko closer to his side, shielding her behind his back. "Oh Bolin, don't be so rude. Introduce us."

Bolin stayed silent. "What is your name?" He asked. "..."

"A quiet one, huh?" Toshi reached his hand out, but Bolin backed up.

"Is this your girlfriend, Bolin?"

"Yes. Now give me and Mako a few more months and-"

"Bolin, my dear friend... I'm afraid a few months is too long."

"Please..."

Toshi rolled his eyes. "You have six months Bolin. And if I don't get my money, your girlfriend won't be very pleased with you missing. Inform Mako for me, will you?"

The three men left, slamming the door behind them. Kiko flinched then turned to Bolin. He relaxed his arm, and Kiko moved infront of him.

"How much money do you owe them?"

"2000."

Kiko's eyes widened. "From what?!"

"When me and Mako were still struggling, we needed money for rent and other stuff. So, they helped us, but we haven't payed them back. We just haven't gotten the money."

"But, Mako's a police officer. He should get the money easily."

"Maybe." Bolin shrugged. "But, we have other things to pay for."

"What about you? Don't you have a job?"

"I quit from my old one. I've been looking for a new one, but no luck."

"Well, maybe-"

"Let's not talk about this." Bolin shook his head.

Kiko nodded.

"I guess I didn't get the memo on being your girlfriend."

Bolin smiled nervously. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay." Kiko shrugged. "I kinda see why you did it." Bolin nodded.

Kiko sighed, taking a seat on his couch. Seconds later, he did the same.

"If you need money, I-"

"No." Bolin cut me off. "We're fine."

"I'll help you find a job." Kiko said. Bolin faced her and smiled. "Thank you."

Kiko and Bolin sat there talking for a few more hours before heading out to the arena. They waited there, seated for another hour or two, but they didn't mind.

"This is gonna be really fun." Kiko smiled. "I know it."

Even though Kiko only seen a couple matches, she very much enjoyed it.

As the first set of teams went into the ring, Bolin tried speaking to Kiko, however stopped every minute or so to watch the game. Kiko however sort of muted him out. What was she supposed to do? Kiko came here to watch the match, not sit and talk.

"Look, Bolin.... I really do want to talk to you, but I came to see the match, so if you don't mind?..." Kiko said once Bolin stopped talking. Kiko slightly smiled when Bolin didn't seem offended what so ever.

"Oh yeah, sorry." Bolin smiled. "I'm used to this and I forget you don't see this often. Let's enjoy it."

Kiko smiled, nodding.She faced the ring and cheered. At the corner of her eye, she felt Bolin's gaze toward her. Kiko tried not to look back at him, but when she did, he quickly snapped his head towards the ring.

Kiko jokingly rolled my eyes and continued to watch the match.

"That was fun. Thanks for bringing me." Kiko smiled while her and Bolin walked out of the ring. "My pleasure. I had fun." Bolin smiled.

Kiko nodded, agreeing with him.

Kiko looked up at the stars and smiled as a shooting star shot passed the small, twinkling stars.

"Did you see that?!" Kiko asked Bolin, pointing her index finger towards the sky. Bolin looked up then shook his head. "It was a shooting star. Make a wish."

Bolin nodded, closing his eyes. Kiko waited for a few seconds before he reopened his eyes. "Got it?"

"Got it."

Kiko nodded, continuing to walk.

"Here." Bolin took off his sweater and handed it to Kiko. "What for?" She asked, looking down at the sweater that was much too big for her.

"Before you get too cold."

Kiko shyly smiled, placing it on. "Besides, you look better in it than I do."

Kiko jokingly rolled my eyes. "Smooth."

Bolin laughed.

"I like this sweater, it's very warm. And big."

Bolin laughed. "well, you're tiny."

"I know." Kiko chuckled. "Thanks again. For the fun day and the sweater."

Bolin smiled. "No problem."