Chapter 12

Today was the party and Natalie was more excited than anyone. She had gone upstairs to her room and said she was getting ready and needed hours to look perfect because the world was coming. 

The world in her words were the Alphas. My parents were going to come today and I prayed Miles came with them. I needed to see him. 

She had shown me a black sparkly long gown with a slit up the thigh and a similar silver one. She had asked which one I wanted and I had looked at her with a raised eyebrow. 

"Why so fancy?" I asked. 

She had said it was a formal party stupid. I had picked the black dress and she had grinned and said she would wear the silver one. She told me she would put the dress in my room and then disappeared. 

I grin as I walk into the kitchen to see it empty. I needed my breakfast- the cake. I open the fridge to see a full cake inside. Alphas's property. Do. Not. Touch. A paper was hanging on it. I smile as I pull the cake out and throw the paper away on the counter as I sit down and start to eat the cake. 

It was delicious. 

The door opens and I look up to see Alec standing there frozen in his spot as I put the spoon full of cake in my mouth. 

"You're eating my cake," his voice sounds surprised. 

"I'm so-" don't apologise. 

I shrug my shoulders and ignore him instead. Alec walks towards the counter and before I can even say anything, he picks up the cake and holds it above my head. 

"Why?" I frown at him. 

He shrugs his shoulders and walks out of the kitchen. I try not to groan as I put the spoon back in my mouth. 

"Give it to me." I hear him say and I turn to look at him as he walks towards me. 

I pull the spoon out of my mouth and shake my head. "Get another one." I tell blatantly, pointing to the tray full of spoons on the counter.

His eyes light up mischievously as he walks towards me and leans over me to pick up a spoon. 

I grin to myself as I lean up on the seat and use the spoon to take a bit of the cake. He groans as he quickly pulls back, the spoon falling out of his hand as he balances the cake above his head. 

Alec glares at me as I stuff the spoon in my mouth and sigh happily. Before I even realise, Alex pulls the spoon out of my mouth and walks out of the kitchen, mumbling how he had made that cake for himself. 

I smile at the door as Natalie walks inside, grinning. 

"My plan is working!" She whispers loudly and I smile as she grabs my hand muttering how we needed to get ready. 

***

"I could die happily looking at you," Natalie sighs as she stares at me. 

 I stare at myself in the mirror. She had given me a black sparkly dress to wear and it looked beautiful. Natalie had asked me why I took my makeup bag and walked into the bathroom. I could see a few scars on my leg through the slit of the dress and I needed to cover it up with the ones on the back as well. The dress had a very low front and it was very revealing but it looked beautiful on me. I had walked out of the bathroom, my makeup done and she had grinned at me, telling me to sit down so she could put my hair in a nice loose bun. 

My shoulders were bare but Natalie said I looked beautiful as she gave me black heels to wear. 

"Alec will not be able to control himself today," she grins at me as she hands me a black fur shoulder wrap.