Chapter 23

"Do you know the victim Katelyn page?" Levi's lawyer asked.

"Yes" I turned to look at the familiar face, surprisingly it was the  the basket ball captain.

Why is he here?

"How do you know her" The lawyer asked.
"We go to the same school" He replied.
"So that means you can describe her personality with the boys?"He further inquiry 

"Yes Katelyn well she is all the guy wish to have at school. She is pretty popular and great in bed. Katelyn likes getting things down right and dirty with us guys anytime we want. For that I would say she is kind"

"What do you mean buy getting things down right and dirty?" The lawyer asked.

"Having sex, when ever we want we would call her and she is up for it" he told him.

"Can you describe Katelyn behavior during sex?" The lawyer asked.

"Your honor I object! That is a person's confidential life that cannot be discussed without permission" The prosecutor claimed.

"That's right" The judge agreed.

"Mr Smith" The lawyer called, "Have you ever had sex with the victim?"

"Yes"
"How was YOUR experience in that act"

"Well, it was refreshing because she is the sadist type so I had to please her"

"No further questions, Your honor with a review of miss page personality it can be possible that miss page had sex with someone else after she did it with the defendant with her sexual preferences she might have allowed someone to do that to her. As it was being testified she is revengeful and might use that as a way to get back at the defendant for having a next female companion."
He took his seat beside a smiling levi, the prosecutor once again took the stand.
"Your honor, the stand being made against the victim by the female companion is invalid because that person is the defendant sister. It is mostly likely that her claims on the victim's personality is bias because
She does not want her brother to go to jail, yet again the victim's sex life has nothing to do with the fact that she was brutally assaulted while being raped by the defendant. Look at her" The prosecutor pointed at me " We have all seen different cases before of victims who lied but does this victim Katelyn page  looks like she is lying? Does  her shaking hands stuffy noise and swollen red eyes look like an act?" The prosecutor now began to slowly pace in the center of the court room. "Rape is a serious case, something that we should look at like a life and death situation. Just the look of the victim scream fear, traumatized, can a lying person bring out that reaction to an innocent person ? If we let this person go back into our society how are we not sure that he wont struck again, a next victim that could of been protected by making the right choice today to put this person behind bars. Our purpose of the court is to bring justice to people and filter our society from wrong doers and that is what we need to do."
She finished while heading back to her seat.

"All arise" The judge instructed. Every one stood up, "After the brake the decision on the case of the defendant being charge for second degree rape and domestic violence will be concluded"  The judges walked out of the courtroom  and so did other people. I sat back in my seat and began to cry, I had a bad feeling about the result that will not end in my liking. I rest my head on the desk  just to easy my dizzy state. Once again the what ifs began to fill my head.
What if, he is charge  not guilty?
What if I win?
What if when I get out of here some one is waiting ready to take my life.
What if levi does it him self when he gets free.
What if when levi is free he charge me for laying which I'm not.....
To many ....What.....Ifs.
I felt someone hands on my shoulder, suddenly my tense form relaxed but deep inside I was still agitated.
"Mom, can we live somewhere else after this?" I asked not looking up, the persons hand suddenly became rigid
and I assume it was because I was going to separate her from her work that she love and her friends. The hand was removed and I lifted my head to see who it was after a minute, my mom is not normally the silent kind. Looking up  I was greeted with the empty court room apart from the guard and levi's girlfriend in a seat with her head down. Confuse I looked around and saw no one else, was it her? After she lied, why would she even look to comfort me?
Turning back around I was greeted with a small piece of paper on the desk, with only two words written on it.
Your forgiven.

Slowly  people began to fill the room and I could see the disappointment on my parents face, but that not what caught my attention next to them was my sister and the Maliks both father and son. I turn my gaze back at the center of the court room where the judges came back in along with the prosecutor. The police brought out Levi and his lawyer walked in with him. Everyone took their position and waited eagerly on the judges decision. "All arise" The judge commanded.
We all stood up.
"The court has analysis  the claim being made against the defendant and also the arguments against why the defendant Levi Mario Benitez should be charged by the prosecuting law of second degree rape and domestic violence. The court has take the case into deep consideration as the prosecutor suggested as it is our duty to serve justice. Here by the law and under the criminal jurisdiction act we find the defendant Levi Mario Benitez not guilty for domestic violence". The judge spoke while fixing his wired glasses on the bridge of his nose." Under the sexual offenses act the court has found Levi Mario Benitez guilty for Third degree rape. Mr Benitez the court has ordered you to pay a fine of 5,000 by next week plus  2 years of prison time. If you fail to pay the fine you will face four years of prison time" 
My heart stopped.
Cheers was erupted throughout the court room. 

 I was frozen still in place.

I won, Levi wont be able patronize me anymore.

Dove Cameron as Katelyn