Chapter 9: New friends

"Wow, Jee. You haven't changed a bit."
Yugyeom, in the flesh, standing right before me. All the girls were begging for his attention but he only cared about mine.

"Congratulations on making captain. I would say 'I knew you would' but I had no idea you would be coming here. Your audition was flawless. I saw it from the weight room up there. You're an even better dancer than I remember. Not that it's a bad thing, but why are you here? I wasn't expecting this," Yugyeom said putting his hand on my shoulder.

A year ago I craved for that touch but all that's left in me is hate. Pure hate. "Of course you weren't," I responded and pushed his hand off of me. All the girls looked so pissed since they couldn't get that opportunity to talk to him like I just wasted.

I push past the crowd back over to the center of the gym. Yugyeom tries to follow me but the crowd of girls was holding him back. He had this begging look on his face telling me to wait but I just rolled my eyes at him.

I hurried back to the bleachers so I can grab my gym bag and get out of there as fast as possible. I gathered all my things and shoved them into my dance bag when someone tapped my arm. I whip my head around "Look, if your gonna-" I begin to shout but I stop when I realize it was the coach behind me, not Yugyeom. "Sorry, wrong person."

She laughs it off, "I just wanted to congratulate you. I've seen a lot of dancing in my days but your's is by far the best. I expect a lot from you and I hope you'll lead this team well.

I bow to her in thanks. "I won't let you down."

I hurry out of the gym so Yugyeom wouldn't catch up to me. I figured those girls would hold him down for a while. I was just about to exit the building when I realized someone was leaning against the door frame. He was pretty tall and fairly skinny.

He turned around as he heard me approaching. Now I recognized him. It was none other than Yugyeom's best friend. Yay.

"Hi! You're Jee, right? Well, Sungjee but you don't mind if I call you Jee right? I know that's what Yugyeom calls you. Gosh, that boy never stops talking about you. Oh wait how rude of me! I'm BamBam."
Wow that boy is very energetic. He kept babbling and all he wanted to do was introduce himself.

I laughed a little to myself. I know him from the Got7 videos I watched. He's actually pretty cute and funny. But he is Yugyeom's best friend and- wait. Did BamBam just say that Yugyeom always talks about me?

"Wait, BamBam. Yugyeom talks about me?"

"Yeah like all. The. Time. Are you guys like friends or something."

"No. Not at all." I say with a straight face.

"Oh well that's too bad cause Yugyeom told me to wait here for you so I can stop you from leaving. He wants to talk to you."

"He's not my friend. I don't wanna talk to him." I try shoving past him but he blocked the exit.

"Well can we be friends?" He asks with hope in his eyes.

"Sure, but only if you let me go this once. I need to get home and eat. Friends don't let friends starve you know."

"And since friends don't let friends starve, let me take you out to eat. My treat." He beams a smile at me while holding his hand to his heart.

"Ugh, fine. But let's just get out of here." I grab his hand and pull him out through the exit.

He kept looking back. "What about Yugyeom though?"

"Forget it. It'll just be us two." I look back too and see Yugyeom at the doorway about 30 feet behind. Thank god he just barely missed us. "To new friends."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BamBam took me to a cafe just about two blocks away from the school. Turns out he was really as cool and fun as he seems. He even carried me piggy back for half the trip here.

I ordered an iced vanilla coffee and a sandwich with a cinnamon roll for desert. BamBam had a hot chocolate and a small pastry. Thankfully he didn't order coffee. That boy was already hyper enough as it is.

"So are you gonna tell me why you hate Yugyeom's guts so much?" He asked while taking a bite out of his pastry.

"I wouldn't put it that way. But if I had to be stuck in a room with either Yugyeom or a tiger, I'd pick the tiger."

BamBam's jaw dropped. "That's even worse JeeJee!"

I laughed, "JeeJee?"

"Yeah, Jee is Yugyeom's name for you and since you obviously can't stand him I decided to give you my own cute nickname. "

"Bro, repeating something twice doesn't make it any cuter," I play punch his arm.

He pretends to get hurt and cowards back in his sit. "Yes it does. Exhibit A: BamBam. Bam repeated twice," he points at his face, "and I believe this is very cute."

I throw a sugar packet at him. "You wish, Bam."

"Ah, so violent. And Bam? You can't just downgrade me to it being said once. I feel so disrespected," he jokes. "I'm older so show me some respect."

"I'm sorry! Please forgive me?" I laugh.

"That's more like it. Now let's get going. I have practice later and you Missy, have school tomorrow."

"You mean we?"

"Haha, oh yeah." He leaves a tip on the table and helps me up to my feet. "Do you have your schedule?"

"Yeah hold on." I take the schedule out of my bag and hand it to him.

"Yes! We have all the same classes! Even homeroom!"

Things finally click in my head. "Oh! So your one of the two guys who was absent in all of my classes today. Wait, that means.. Yugyeom was the other guy that was absent in all of my classes. The 'Kim' that was next to me in every class was him. I'm stuck with him for the rest of the year. And just when I thought I got rid of him."

"Don't worry! You have me!" BamBam shouted like a little kid.

"Oh..great.." I pretend with disappointment.

He laughs, "Hey! You're lucky to have me!" He pulls me in for a hug and we start to exit the cafe. Oddly enough though maybe he was right. I'm glad I met BamBam. This could be the start of a wonderful friendship.