Prologue

"Just face it, Blaire," he said to me, his ocean-blue eyes staring into my soul as if he were slowly sucking every bit of it out of me. "Face it. You can't get enough of me."

I rolled my eyes, not giving him the satisfaction. I couldn't. He stepped closer to me, his eyes never once leaving mine. I searched his face; his strong jaw, the light scruff he had coming in, the huge cut on his cheek from earlier...

"Oh, please," I muttered. "Give me a break, Rivers. This isn't Bradford anymore."

He chuckled, and at this point he was so achingly close to me that I could practically feel the heat from his body radiate onto mine as he had me trapped against the wall. I swallowed the growing lump in my throat. He was not giving up any time soon. Typical.

"From what I remember" he said huskily, his finger lightly tracing up my arm, "You enjoyed every second of it. Of me. So don't stand here lying to my face about it. I've gotta admit, though. You almost had me for a bit." He looked up and smirked at me. Oh, that fucking smirk. I just want to rip it right off of his face.

"Are you fucked?"

"Of course I'm fucked. And I want you so bad it's driving me insane, Blaire. So are you gonna fucking let me kiss you or what?"

I pushed him off me, nearly startling him before I grabbed him by the shirt and desperately slammed my lips onto his.

Just like old times.