The Quasi-Summoner

It has been a week and there were a small number of skirmishes around the borders with the war between the humans and demons and the other non-human races. No one still knows why the humans would side with the demons. For all they know, they wanted to revive the two most powerful beings on the planet - Ralnea and Fate.

In a tent where there was a patch of lovely green grass below, stands Noah and Red, reading a book that was bound strongly by a type of leather that colored with wood brown and some intricate runes on it. X was staring at them passively while AmLorr is sleeping in the corner where plants abound.

"Master, what kind of book are you reading?" X broke the silence he took off from the makeshift bed for him and approached Noah.

"It's compendium of spells for black magic." Noah shortly replied. He was just reading until he closed the book with one hand and faced X after. "So, how was your 'co-operation' worked with those kids?" X shrugged a little and then tries to think all the event that happened so far. From the moment, he met them to the battle at the capital.

"I guess, I am learning."

"You should be." Noah took off and signed X using his eyes to follow him, to which X understood shortly after Noah exited the tent, and he followed his master. when he exited the tent, he just noticed that it was already night and there are fewer people in the area. But the light coming from the Ent made sure that the whole camp was illuminated so that the sentries around it can see any enemies or spies that could infiltrate them.

X followed Noah until they reached a patch of dirt. it was a good distance from the last tent in the rear of the camp and the starting line for the forest just behind them. "Show me your black magic." Noah starting chanting a protective barrier around them. With a signal, X transformed into something demonic and his fear began producing a black and red miasma around his body. Unlike before, X regains his usual look, rather than the horrendous look that makes him scarier. "You've improved" And Noah disappeared from X's sight, only to appear above him, with crackles of lightning on his feet.

Caught unaware, X, took the brunt of the kick and was sent flying and knocked over at the barrier Noah deployed earlier. "Stand." With that command, X started charging while powering up an ice magic on his palm. Upon reaching an arm's reach to Noah, X, clutched his hand and then, spikes protruded on his body from different directions spanning a couple or more meters, impaling Noah's thigh.

"Good," Noah exclaimed, and X relaxed his body and the ice cracked and shattered leaving a cold snowy flake around. "Now, use your white magic to heal your wounds and my thigh. With that, X began chanting slowly and a white aura filled him, in a matter of seconds, all of the wounds from his body disappeared. He then began casting a healing spell to Noah's thigh, who seems to be unfazed that there is a hole on his thighs.

After healing the both of them, sweat began covering the forehead of X and he shifted back to his human form and wiped it with his hands. "Now make a clone of yourself." It has been some time since X used a cloning magic into himself. He only uses his clone ability to amplify his magic and fear to the extent that it also powers himself for fighting. After a few seconds of concentration, X split into two and Noah was impressed by how fast he could do it. "Before, you could clone yourself slower than this and most of the clones you make are terrible. They began attacking things around them."

"It was because I used them to make sure that my pursuers won't get me." X explained and he dispersed his clone. And a mud of blood and flesh was only left on the ground making a small puddle that was unpleasant to the eyes. With that, X, cast a fire magic on it and it burned like a bonfire, but only smells of flesh.

"But it is still horrendous when you released the ability." And Noah, in turn removed the barrier. "Well, as long as you can utilize efficiently your ability, then that won't matter." Noah said and he nodded on his left side looking back.

"So, this is the third summoner?" It was a manly voice that came out from Noah's back and X saw a figure that was wielding a series of blades from katana, rapiers to great swords, all floating on his back and is shaped like a wing. And beside him, a man, who wore a black clothing with silver linings for design and a big barrel of guns on his boots.

"Yes, and I think he is ready." X was confused when Noah affirmed what the man said. The two men beside them introduced themselves as Gilliam and Reon. "So, was the skirmish on the countryside finished?" Noah asked.

"Yeah, we butchered the entire city of humans there. Though, the children are spared." Gilliam boasted and then released his wings of blades.

"Cruel as ever to the humans." Noah simply stated looking at him with tired eyes. "So, here he is." Noah pointed to X, which confused him more.

"So, this is where the memories of Ralnea of him being one of the powerful summoners in the land huh?" Gilliam approached X and even though X was the tallest among the group, X though Gilliam was taller because of the shoulder height was a lot different. He estimated that Gilliam might be taller for two or three more inches. "I received permission from Zeth to molest you, so get ready." Gilliam smiled after he made that statement.

And even though X was part fear, he realized that fear can also enter his mind when Gilliam started undressing his torso in front of him.