Chapter 10: second chances

I arrived at school the next day ready to face Yugyeom all day and put on my best bitch face. He wasn't going to get to me anymore.

I walk through the hallway where my locker was located and sure enough, the crowd of girls was already there. Does that mean his locker is next to mine too? For the next two years? Ugh perfect.

I try making my way past the girls but all of them thought I was trying to get to Yugyeom. Trust me that's the last thing I'd wanna do.

"Guys, I have to get to my locker. Class starts in-"

"Hey, let the beautiful girl pass," Yugyeom interrupted. I guess he saw my struggles from the outskirts of his little audience.

He grabbed my wrist and helped pull me through to my locker. I didn't say a word though. I just proceeded to open the lock and get my books for my first classes.

"Wow, what a bitch."

"Not even a thank you or anything."

I rolled my eyes and whipped my head back. "You know I can hear you right? Why should I thank him when this is my locker? I have a right to get to it."

The girls all shut up finally and Yugyeom tried to console as many as possible as they faked getting their feelings hurt by me.

"Maybe you all should get to class," Yugyeom suggested. They all nodded and smiled at him as they were leaving. It's about time. "Hey locker neighbor."

"Ugh don't call me that. It's not like I got to choose where my locker was. It's just a mere coincidence based on the letters of our last names. Nothing more." I slammed my locker door and started speed walking to get my class.

He caught up soon though. "At least let me walk you to class. BamBam told me that we all have the same classes."

"Unfortunately."

Yugyeom stayed quite after I gave him my cold answer. Honestly I felt bad but I wasn't going to break this early in the game.

"JeeJee!" I turn around and see an overexcited BamBam running towards me.

"Bammy!" I shout while he jumps into my arms so I'm carrying him like a little kid. I laugh, "shouldn't this be the other way around?"

"Nope, I carried you yesterday to the cafe so now you return the favor."

I was like half his size but that didn't stop him. "Um, BamBam. I think you're breaking her." Yugyeom stared at us with mass jealousy in his eyes.

"Fine." BamBam hopped off me and I felt a wave of relief. It's not that he was heavy but I just have absolutely no arm strength.

"I knew you guys hung out yesterday but I didn't know you guys got this close," Yugyeom continued.

"Why? Jealous much?" BamBam joked and I laughed along with him.

Yugyeom shook it off. "No, no it's fine. I'm glad you two are friends. My friends are your friends BamBam."

I hold my finger up and step towards him. "Correction, you're not my friend."

BamBam did that whole OOOHH thing everyone does when someone gets roasted. I smirk and walk into class mentally preparing my self for the math that I was never really good at.

"Hey seat mate!" Yugyeom says as he sits down onto the chair next to me.

"What's with you and this whole nearby friendship assumptions thing?"

"Look, I know you probably really hate me right now but-"

Our teacher walked into the classroom. "Welcome students! Let's get started and I hope none of you will interrupt me with your talking. It may be the second day of school but we have much to get through today."