Chapter 16

"Whose car is that?" I ask Alec softly as he opens the door to a black car. I see Liam grinning at me as he jumps out. 

"It's only Liam and Cam." Alec says as he hands a bag to Liam. 

"Sit inside," Alec waits by the door. I take a deep breath as I walk towards the door and climb into the car. 

"Hi Emily!" Cam grins at me from the front seat as Alec closes the door to me. 

I smile at Cam a little as Liam sits in the front and Alec gets inside beside me. 

Any sudden movements and I'm taking over. Ava promises me and I nod at her. She would not hesitate to kill anyone or use our magic to burn the world. I would not stop her anymore. 

When I woke up this morning, my parents had made me a cake. A chocolate cake that dad said Oli had made but I shouldn't eat it unless I wanted food poisoning. Eliza had run to the shops and she had come back with a chocolate cake. I didn't see Miles throughout the day. Eliza had said he was having a serious chat with Amanda. 

I didn't want to see him because one look and I would break down. In front of my family, I smiled as if nothing had happened. In front of Alec, I smiled as if he did not tell me anything last night. It was a new day and I wanted to get through it, without the concerned looks. 

We all had breakfast together and they laughed at jokes Oli made. I hugged them silently as Alec said it was time to go home. I did not have a place to call home. Miles had mindlinked me and said I didn't wait for him. I told him maybe next time and I was in a hurry to go home. He said he was sorry for everything and I told him he had nothing to be sorry about. I couldn't face him so I had sat in a plane with Alec and shut out the world around me. We had arrived and the moment I had seen the car, it felt like the world slipped under my feet. 

"Emily," Alec places his hand on my shoulder and I flinch a little as I turn to look at him. "We're here." He says and I look out the window to see we were parked outside his house. 

I nod my head as he climbs out of the door. I follow him silently. 

"We really missed you," Cam says behind me as he follows me inside. "It felt like something was missing," he shrugs as I nod my head. 

Natalie runs down the stairs as she grins at me happily. "Emily!" She wraps her hands around me tightly. 

The scars did not hurt anymore. They were visible but I was wearing a long maxi dress that covered every inch of my skin. No one would see me. 

"I missed you." Natalie mumbles as she pulls away, looking me up and down. 

"You look beautiful." She smiles at me. 

You look beautiful. 

Did I? I look down at my dress and back up at her. I smile. "Thank you." I answer her honestly. 

"Alec." I hear Anna's voice and I look up to see her walking towards us. 

"It's nice to see you are well," she ignores me as she looks at Alec. "I need to talk to you." She says to him and Alec nods as he follows her into his office. 

I needed to go to the room. 

"Are you hungry? I can get Stella and Noah to make you something? What would you like to eat?" Natalie asks me quickly. 

"Are they back?" I ask her and she nods. 

I walk away from Natalie and head towards the kitchen to see Stella and Noah laughing. They freeze when they see me. I smile at them. They were my first friends after Miles. Someone that did not care about what I did.