FORTY-SEVEN; GONER

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE!"

FORTY-SEVEN; GONER (S3E22)

~

Estella always found herself in a hospital lately. Whether it be for Alaric, Caroline, Elena, or even herself...it was the hospital where Estella was frequently visiting. Something about hospitals turned her off. The smell, most likely, for her senses were heightened thus making the smell of cleaning products more apparent. Or maybe hospitals were the harbinger of death. Death floated around the walls of hospitals like a ghost haunting the halls. It could've been the false hope in the air, the families believing their loved ones could make it through whatever pain they were going through, the friends praying that some miracle would happen, and the doctors trying to keep the person alive for just one more second.

Estella didn't know why, but she hated hospitals. Yet, there she stood, pacing the halls like many before her, worrying about Elena Gilbert.

Elena Gilbert. The name sounded plain, boring. Yet whenever Estella heard the name, she grew tense. The name Elena Gilbert brought an array of emotions, most of them bad. For Estella, Elena Gilbert was a name she wouldn't mind never hearing again. Estella liked the girl, but the name Elena Gilbert seemed to bring a little too much drama than what she could handle.

Jeremy grabbed Estella, making her stand still. He looked at her pointedly, silently telling her to calm down. She sighed and faced the window, looking at Elena's sleeping figure.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about," Meredith told the two.

"But she collapsed, there was blood," Jeremy said to her with a frown.

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot," Meredith stated. "Is there anyone you want to call?"

Estella sighed, taking out her cellphone. She clicked on Damon's contact, bringing the phone up to her ear so she could talk.

She explained the situation to her brother's, trying her best to keep the anger from her voice. She was still upset about them snapping her neck.

"You did what?" Damon asked incredulously once she finished talking.

"I took her to the hospital," Estella replied, her voice holding some annoyance. "When you find someone unconscious, you call 911."

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" Damon exclaimed.

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric," Stefan explained to his sister. "She's a sitting duck in there."

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation," Estella said to them.

"Estella, get Elena home, we're on our way," Damon told her before hanging up.

Estella scowled at her phone, shoving it back in her pocket. The blonde marched over to Meredith, a false smile on her face. Meredith muttered something to the doctors she was talking to before walking up to Estella.

"I'm going to have to check Elena out," Estella stated. "Damon says that she needs to leave before any Originals show up to kill her."

"Estella, I really don't think I can do that. I could get fired if I don't, at least, keep her here overnight," Meredith informed the vampire with a worried expression.

"I don't care. I'll compel the board if I have to. Just get Elena's release papers signed," Estella demanded.

Meredith reluctantly nodded and left, walking over to the desk to fill out the applications. Estella huffed and turned to Jeremy, sitting next to him.