FORTY-NINE PT.1; DESPAIR

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE.

FORTY-NINE PT.1; DESPAIR

~

Klaus Mikaelson had never felt better. He was alive, thanks to a certain Bennett witch. Tyler Lockwood bravely sacrificed his body for Klaus to jump in for awhile. Now, back in his own suit, he was able to make his way to Estella Salvatore.

He loved her, and he knew for a fact, she loved him. They were meant to be together, and considering her reaction to when he died earlier, he knew she felt the same. A smirk crossed his face, pushing open the Salvatore's door.

"Stefan, Damon. Why so glum?" Klaus questioned them, noticing their looks of despair.

Shock covered both their faces, eyes widening as they took in Klaus' appearance. They locked gazes, suddenly the two brothers feeling immensely guilty.

"Oh, Estella," Damon muttered.

"What?" Klaus asked them, his voice growing serious at the mention of her name.

"Follow us," Stefan only said to Klaus.

The hybrid, with an annoyed and confused expression, followed the two brothers out the door and into the garden. He spotted a coffin, not seeing who was inside, with Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, and the rest of the gang surrounded by it.

"Guys, let's clear out. Give Klaus a couple minutes," Damon announced to the group.

They all nodded, walking away. Before Damon left, he handed the hybrid a piece of paper, then walked back inside his house. Now extremely confused and worried, Klaus walked over to the coffin to see who lay inside.

Estella's eyes were shut, her skin gray and veiny, and a red dress was on her. Klaus let out a breath, feeling as though all the oxygen had left his lungs. He was winded, not knowing how to feel. The love of his life, the girl he opened up to, who comforted him, was dead.

Klaus let out a scream of pain, clutching the girl in his arms. He stroked her blonde hair, now becoming less vibrant, as he cried quietly. He blamed himself. He could've told her his plan, could have prevented this all.

Klaus looked at the letter in his hand, reading it twice over. It only made him cry more. She admitted her love for him, but she wasn't there with him. She was dead, a lonely soul somewhere on the other side.

Klaus looked at the dead blonde, clutching her face in his hands. He looked serious as he spoke, his voice low and hoarse from crying. "I will get you back, Estella. I promise."

~

lololol!!!! please don't hate me (: I kinda just did what I had to do.

B U T! I do have a Q&A planned. you guys can leave the characters questions and I'll answer them.

Me, The Author

Estella Salvatore-Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

Damon Salvatore

Stefan Salvatore

Elena Gilbert

Caroline Forbes

Bonnie Bennett

Anyone Else