xiv; third wheel benji

Benji didn't know there would be a special visitor at his lunch with Phil, so he was in the trashiest outfit he owned. It was a long sleeve shirt, with a green vest thrown over it, and the most ripped jeans that had probably ever disgraced the Earth. But he was sitting at a restaurant, a notebook in front of him and head held up, when Phil and some small brunette walked in. So he groaned, put his head into his hands and realized that: Holy shit, did his best friend just make him a third wheel? Which was totally true, because now in the booth, two people would probably sit opposite of him. 

Running a hand through his blonde hair, Benji leaned his head forward, and closed his eyes. "Phil, are you serious?" He whispered, voice dropping in pitch, almost furious. "I'm going to kill him." So when they started walking over, Benji lifted his head and flashed Dan a smile, completely ignoring Phil. He stood up, extended one hand and watched as Dan glanced uneasily.

Glancing down at his hand, the blonde soon realized that it was the scarred one, the one he'd burned when trying to design a flamethrower. "Oh, uh, they're burn scars." Benji announced, and shrugged, causing Dan to nod in curiosity. "I'm Benji." He added, and Phil coughed, giving his friend a proud smile.

It was his fault Benji was even called Benji. The guy would have gone his whole life as Benjamin, because he said 'Ben' was too common when people asked if he'd shortened it. 

"Dan," The brunette in front of him, kind of small compared to the two of them, introduced, "I'm Dan." He added for clarification, and he probably thought Benji was stupid. After all, he looked atrocious in his clothes, and no one could compete. Especially not 'pastel' Dan in front of him, who was wearing the cutest little kitten socks, ones that tucked in part of his black skinny jeans. "Nice to meet you, Benji." Dan added at the end, and Benji blinked, before sitting down again. 

The two, as he predicted, sat opposite from him.

"Benjamin," Phil looked over to his friend, look scolding, knowing Benji was trying to ignore him, "How's your life going?" 

"I don't know, Philip, it isn't really moving, it's not a person or thing." Benji sassed back, and rolled his eyes, glancing to Dan, who was holding back a laugh. "Was that funny?" He asked, skeptical, and glanced to Phil, "Look! Someone think's I'm funny!"

"He's laughing because you're stupid!" Phil defended, huffing, and crossed his arms over his chest. "Shut up, you're not funny." 

  →→→ 

  this whole lunch with benji thing wasn't supposed to happen

but i love benji

and people wanted more dan/phil interaction which WILL happen in the next chapter 

;s;

i keep forgetting people are here for phan and not the, like, plot.