thirteen

thanks for seven thousand you're all gems

Jimin knew he fucked up as soon as he walked into his apartment to see Taehyung on the couch, grinning like a maniac. He'd decided to go to bed and deal with his best friends interrogation in the morning, that maybe a little bit of sleep would help him build his argument over all of Taehyung's assumptions. He didn't expect to wake up to the shrill voice of none other than Kim Seokjin practically screaming in his ear.

"Park Jimin, what were you thinking? Have you forgotten the mission?" Seokjin yelled. Jimin tumbled out of bed, his blankets wrapped tightly around his legs. He opened his eyes, expecting Seokjin to be standing over him when he remembered that the older man had left him in the mortal world.

"It was a bet! It wasn't my idea! I swear!" Jimin covered his head, as if Seokjin was going to reach through the Great Book and smack him on the back of the head. He almost wished he would have given up on the mission when Taehyung punched him.

"That doesn't mean you go through with it! Ah, you idiot." Seokjin said. Jimin could almost sense the contempt in Seokjin's voice, as if calling Jimin an idiot made him happy.

"Anyway hyung, he's using me. No big deal." Jimin said nonchalantly. He detangled himself from his blankets and ran his hands through his hair. Taehyung walked into his room then, same sinister grin on his face.

"Didn't you hear, hyung? Yoongi hyung and Jimin locked lips last night." Taehyung giggled when Jimin chucked a pillow at him.

"We did not!" Jimin yelled, his cheeks flaming red. Jimin stuttered over his words, "h-he just kissed m-my cheek. No b-big deal."

"Look at you, Jiminie is blushing!" Taehyung reached forward to squeeze Jimin's cheeks, but a low laugh stopped them both in their tracks. "Namjoon hyung?"

"And Kookie!" Jungkook yelled. Jimin glanced at Taehyung out of the corner of his eye, not missing the way the older boy seemed to deflate as a frown etched its way onto his face.

He misses him. Jimin thought to himself. Then he backtracked, because the way the arrows work, Taehyung shouldn't really react to anything. At least not yet, he's still supposed to be hazy with love for Hoseok.

"Hey guys!" Jimin said. Taehyung mumbled a hello after him and Jimin smiled at him, mouthing a silent, we'll be home soon, and patting his back. Taehyung leant into him, like suddenly everyone semi-congregated in one spot made the distance from home that much harder to handle.

"When will you guys get home? Jinnie and Namjoon hyung are too busy with each other to hang out with me. I'm bored." Jungkook said. Jimin could almost picture his small pout and Seokjin's eye roll at the back of Jungkook's head.

       "Soon, Jungkook, soon. The mission is going nicely," Jimin sent a sideways glance to Taehyung. "Almost perfectly."

"So, Taehyung, I assume everything is going smoothly?" Seokjin asked. Jimin looked at Taehyung oddly. Had he not just said that?

"Yes, hyung, geez stop worrying. Jimin told you everything was fine, take his word for it." Taehyung smiled at Jimin and rolled his eyes. Jimin smiled. Seokjin hyung was always so worrisome.

"Let's talk about Jimin's new boyfriend," Taehyung pushed on Jimin's shoulder as the older boy blushed.

"We're not boyfriends, it's for the mission stop picking on me." Jimin said. He pushed back on Taehyung and rolled his eyes. Taehyung gave him a look, as if he was saying, I see that blush, you liar. "It's for the mission, I swear. I don't like him."