The Night

"Where's your car?", Aaron asked when Lucille settled into his truck.

"Something's wrong with it", she answered. She fastened her seatbelt. "Oliver had it towed. It should be fixed soon."

Lucille stared out the window as they drove off. A few minutes of silence passed by before Aaron spoke again.

"How did you get to work today?", he asked.

"Oliver's driver."

"Oliver sure does a lot for you huh?"

Lucille turned her head and narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you implying something?"

"No, of course not", he said. "Forget I said anything."

Lucille rolled her eyes and went back to staring out of the window. She was trying to be patient with Aaron but he was pushing his luck.

"I'm just saying it would make sense that you would get so upset with me for that thing."

"I'm not sure I understand, Aaron", she said. Her entire body tensed. She was getting angry.

"You sleeping with him or something?"

"Fuck you, Aaron", she yelled out. "How dare you try and turn this shit on me? You're the one who went behind my back! You laid down with Anne-Katherine and for what? Did she even deliver on your deal, huh? She used you, Aaron. I bet you haven't spoken to her since I destroyed your plans huh?"

Lucille was heated. She'd bitten the inside of her lip so hard, she could taste blood.

"Bring me back to work."

-----------------

Oliver sighed as he saw Anne-Katherine step out of the elevator. He continued walking to his office. He was in no mood. Lucille probably thought the worst of him right now so he'd probably snap on Anne-Katherine for the slightest bit of nonsense.

"Oliver", she called out from the end of the hallway. "You see me here and you just keep walking?"

Oliver continued walking and entered his office. Anne-Katherine entered shortly after.

"You didn't come home last night", she said as she barged in. "Where were you?"

She slammed her bag down onto Oliver's desk.

"Here", he said as he continued going through emails on his phone.

"Was this before or after you checked into the Sam Cook hotel?", she asked with a knowing look.

"Who is she Oliver?", she asked, demanding a response.

"Are you just gonna pretend like you didn't try and sabotage my entire campaign? While using my campaign manager's boyfriend to do it?"

He stood up from his desk. "God, what were you thinking? You thought I wouldn't know it was you?"

"I didn't give a fuck", she yelled. "I still don't."

Oliver narrowed his eyes at her. He was disgusted with the woman that he had married, the mother of his child.

"I knew you wouldn't do anything about it, Oliver", she shrugged. "You have no balls."