Chapter Seventeen

Reread the ending of the previous chapter.

*Dani*

  One year later...

  "SAM!" I yelled running into the diner.

  "He's not here," one of the waitress's said as she walked behind the counter.

  "Oh...do you know where he's at?" I asked.

  "He said something about his brother being in town," she shrugged.

  "Thanks," I smiled running to Angel's car. Sliding to a stop in front of Mama and Daddy's house I ran into the living room.

  "What's wrong?" Daddy and Dad asked when they noticed me.

  "Nothing," I smiled before throwing the letter at them. "Read it, read it."

  "Uh okay," they looked at me confused before Mama picked it up.

  "Hi Jackson, Linda." I smiled walking over hugging them, "What are you guys doing here?"

  "Visiting," Jackson smiles picking me up. "How are you?"

  "I'm alright," I shrugged.

  "How are you really?" Jackson says staring down at me.

  "I miss him," I sighed. "I wish he was here. I know it's been a year but still."

  "OH MY GOD!" Mama yelled glancing up at me. "Is this for real?"

  "Yep," I grinned. "We can expand the store."

  "Ahhh," Mama yelled tackling me in a hug. "I can't believe this."

  "I'm gonna head back to the apartment," I said popping my head into Daddy's office. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

  "Dani come here," Daddy said and I walked over to him. "Sit."

  "What is it Daddy?" I asked sitting on his lap, "Is everything okay?"

  "I just wanted to talk to you," he smiled. "We never talk anymore."

  "I know," I whispered laying my head on his shoulder. "Do you remember the first time we went riding?"

  "How could I forget," he laughed. "That was the second happiest day of my life."

  "Second?"

  "The day you were born I realized I had something to fight for." Daddy said kissing the trip of my head. "I have a question and I want you to answer if truthfully."

  "Okay," I said confused.

  "Do you love him?"

  "Yes," I said smiling. "When I think of him I can see us thirty years from now. He my happy ending."

  "Just promise me if you ever need to talk you'll come to me," Daddy says rubbing my cheek.

  "I promise," I smiled standing. "But I really should be heading back."

  "I'll take you back," Daddy said grabbing his keys. "Angel is coming home this weekend and she'll need her truck."

  "Alright," I smiled jumping in his Chevy.

  "I see you this weekend."

  "Yeah," I smiled hugging him. "Love you."

  ---

  "Hey sis."

  "Your home early," I smiled at Angel. "Your trucks at dads house."

  "I know," she smiled leaning against counter. "This is for you."

  "What is it?" I asked looking at the white box.

  "Did you tell her yet?" Justice yelled walking in the door. "Dani get your sexy, bookworm ass up those stairs and put on what is in the box and then I'm going to do your hair."

  "Okay," I said slowly walking up the stairs into my bedroom laying the box on the bed.

  "HURRY UP, WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" Justice yelled.

  "Oh my..." I whispered when I saw what was in the box. "What do you guys have planned?"

  "It a surprise," Justice says while looking at her nails.

  "Wow," Angel gasped when she looked at me. "You look like a real princess."

  "Sit," Justice said pointing at my desk chair. "Move and I will stab you with the curling iron."

  "Yes ma'am," I gulped knowing she will do just that.

  "Done," she said twenty minutes later. "I'm amazing."

  "Can I look?" I asked since I wasn't aloud to while she was working.

"Go ahead," they said smiling.

  "Wow," I gasped when I looked in the floor length mirror. "I look like a..."

  "We're going to be late if we don't leave now," Justice says running out the door.

  "Where are we going?" I asked shifting in the back seat.

  "Here," Justice smiled jumping out of the truck and running towards the barn.

  "I'm gonna see if I can find Mama and Daddy," Angel said. "You can go wait on the other side of the barn. I'll be there shortly."

  "Uh okay," I said confused but headed to where she said only to freeze at the sight. "Oh my god."

  "Do you remember when we first met?" He said hands shoved in his pockets. "The library was having a fairytale  weekend, so the outdoors area was decorated like a night sky. Twinkling lights and candles. That was the first time I saw you, I stood there watching you read for about ten minutes before I decided to make myself know and we talked for two hours before you got up and left I didn't think that you would talk to me after that but you did and I realized that you were someone special. You always calmed me down when I was pissed off at something and you didn't think about what other people thought about us hanging out. We told eachother everything and then I hurt you because I was an idiot and it took me six years to realize that I couldn't live without you. I just have one question will you consider being my princess forever by marrying me?"

  "I...I..." I stuttered before taking a deep breath looking at him with tears running down my face. "Yes, I would love to become your princess."

  "So you'll marry me. As in right now, today."

  "Carter," I laughed. "We haven't dated."

  "Yes we have," he smirked walking up to me. "Every time we  disappeared, we got lunch at the diner, or even when you would read and I just sat beside you was a date. So we pretty much dated for five years. So will you marry me today?"

  "You had this all planned out didn't you?" I laughed.

  "Yep," he smiled kissing me softly. "I've missed you so much."

  "Promise me one thing," I said looking up at him. "Don't ever leave for that long again."

  "Promise," he laughed. "I got a job offer closer to home anyways."

  "Really?" I asked, "What's the offer?"

  "I'll tell you later," he laughed. "By the looks your family is giving us I'm pretty sure they want to know the answer."

  "STOP SPYING," I yelled glaring over my shoulder. "AND I SAID YES!"

  "Well that worked," Carter laughed. "Let's get married, Princess."

{Quote:

"The more you care the more you have to lose." -?}