Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

I. True Tales from The Town

"With humble respect, please be forewarned that in the first few chapters, you will experience bewilderment, excitement and a sense of giddiness

"With humble respect, please be forewarned that in the first few chapters, you will experience bewilderment, excitement and a sense of giddiness. Also, you shall encounter a paywall. Read at your own risk."

-J.D. Ruiz (greenwriter)

*****

Once upon a rainy afternoon, two young ladies were stuck in a cabin out in the woods. The storm thundered outside, rattling the windows.

"This sucks. When do you think the power will come back?" murmured Valerie as she looked into the darkness outside.

Her sister, Violet, was holding the emergency light, pacing around the cabin, looking for something useful or distracting. Not answering her twin's question, she said, "Our phones are dying and we're in our grandparent's cabin in the middle of the woods and completely alone. And oh, did I forget to mention that our freaking friends bailed on us?"

"Correction, they are your friends. Mom and dad are going to kill us if they know we're out here alone."

"Then don't tell them. It's not like we've never been here before. What's this?"

Without looking at what her sister was talking about, Valerie asked, "What's what?"

"This. I don't remember this the last time we were here."

Valerie turned and found her sister bent over a wooden chest. "It's grandma's," she said, rolling her eyes. "Really, you should pay more attention to details. Details like your friends' confirmation on coming for a weekend cabin party."

Violet narrowed her eyes to slits. "No need to rub salt into the wound, sis. Come here and help me open this."

Valerie rolled her eyes and walked to her sister. "It's locked," she pointed out.

"How come I never saw this before?"

"It is not that noticeable," Valerie said with a shrug. "Or maybe you were always too distracted with other things every time we were here. Like how you were last summer when you broke up with—"

"Perhaps a key is here somewhere." Violet cut into her sister's statement, not very eager to hear about her summer heartbreak.

Valerie was already pulling out pins from her black hair. "Good luck with that. I'll try my luck with these."

Violet cocked her brow with doubt. "Like you know how to open a chest with those."

"Watch me try."

And Valerie, with great determination not to lose her pride in front of her own twin sister, worked with the pins, biting on her lower lip in concentration. For a few breathless moments, the twins hovered over the wooden chest.