Chapter Twenty One

I've changed chap 20 abit. Here is a recap. :
Abbey see's ex-boyfriend Will. Tells him she's engaged to Jordan. Jordan invites him to his house for dinner.  
Thats it! I didn't get 7 comments in my last chap. Disappointing.. Hope you'll give more feedback on this chap. 

Jordan's POV

"Mum, I'm home!" I shout at the top of my voice.

I step inside my house and mum rushes down the stairs and puts her arms around me. I could almost see the same tears Tom had in her eyes. 

"Mum, I'm alright," I explain in a gentle voice. "Really, I'm fine. Except..."

"What? Did you hit your head?" She asked, examining my body.

"No," I laughed. "I was going to say, I'm fine. Except that I'm hungry."

Mum pats my back and leads me into the kitchen. Liane was finished making my breakfast and she served it to me at the table. She made toast, scrambled eggs and beans. I began to eat but it was so tasty that I stuffed it all in my mouth. I slumped back into my seat and patted my belly. I was full. I drank one glass of water and wiped my mouth with a napkin. I arose from my seat and made my way towards the door. 

"Thanks Liane," I thank and evict the room. 

I go upstairs to my room and fall back on my bed, facing the ceiling. I began to relax and go to sleep. But it was all interrupted when my mobile began to ring. 

"Hello," I greeted, sitting up.

"Jordan, there's nothing on your schedule today so you may stay home," Dad informed.

Hurray! I can get some rest. I wipe away my thoughts and concentrate on what dad was saying. "Thanks dad. Bye."

I throw my phone onto the bed. I slump back on the bed and suddenly remember inviting some guy called Will to my house. Sometimes I do the most stupidest things to annoy Abbey. I hop down the stairs and bump into Liane. Just the person I was looking for. 

"Liane. Tomorrow a..." A what? Friend? "A friend is coming over for dinner so please can you stir up something special?" 

"Sure," Liane answers.

Tomorrow was going to be real interesting. Will will bring up the 'engagement' subject and then I'm toast. Of maybe I'll be ice cream. Oh well. What happens tomorrow happens. Right?

***

The monstrous alarm clock roars in my ears at nine a clock in the morning. I hate it when it does that. I rub my eyes and wipe of the eye bags in the corners of my eyes and stretch out my arms, letting out a long yawn. I jump out of bed and meander to the bathroom, which is a few steps away from my bed. I open the door and step inside. As I open the window, I notice a thick blanket of snow covering the city. There was no way that I was going work today. Two days off. Life can't get better than this. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I walk out of the bathroom and wipe my face with a clean blue towel. 
I got dressed into a collarless shirt and jeans. I glance at my bed and on my bed was a decoratedenvolope. I pick it up and in the cover, it was written 'The Wedding Of Alex & Eric." I almost forgot about the wedding. I guess I better inform mum and dad. I skip down the stairs with the letter in my hands. Mum and dad were lying on the coach, dad was reading a newspaper and mum was watching TV. 

"Good morning mum," I say and smile at her. "Dad," I finished my sentence and smile at him. 

"Good morning," they both say at the same time. 

"You know Alex Adams, Abbey's eldest sister," I begin. "Yeah well, she's getting married."

"Oh that's lovely," Mum said, excitedly. "When is it?"

"In seven days. So that's on Saturday 15th. We got an invite. Are we going to go?" I ask, waving the invitation at them. 

Dad and mum exchange looks and then looks back at me. 

"Sure, why not?" Dad finally says. 

I hand then the invitation and mum told me breakfast is almost going to be served. I quickly remind mum and dad that Will was coming over for dinner. They didn't seem to mind. 

***

It was almost five thirty. Will was going to come at six. I didn't expect Abbey to come. But she did. she wore a short sleeved top, with a cardigan on top. Along with that she wore a skinny jeans with trainers. 

"I know, I wasn't going to come but..."

"But you thought the food would be nice so you thought you'd pop in and try some," I laugh.

"How did you know," She says sarcastically. "I'm joking. That's so not true. I came cause your dad invited me along and I'm not alone you know, my dads here to." 

I just laugh and show her in. I glance at her and sh'e looks astonished.

"I don't mean to boast but my house was big, fancy and fit for a king like me," I pretend to act royal and posh. She just gives me a look meaning 'what a weirdo.' 

"Yeah right," She says and paunches my arms. I attempt to punch hers but she blocks it. "My hands injured. Remember?"  

I roll my eyes and she rolls her eyes back at me. We both start laughing but we stop we Tom enters the house. 

"Hello Tom. How are you today?" I greeted. 

"Fine thank you. Nice place you got." He examines the room and then smiles at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good." I reply.

Dad bursts into the room and shakes hands with Tom and they begin to talk. Abbey and I walk up the stairs and enter my bedroom.  

"Its a bit in a state," I say. 

"A bit?" She narrows her eyebrows. 

She was right. My room was like a pigsty. In fact it probably was. I began to pick up the clothes off the floor and stuffed them all in a drawer. Abbey begins to do my bed. She done a pretty good job, to be honest. It wasn't long before my room was back to normall.

"Well, that's it," She puts her hands on her hips, searching the room for anything messy. "You are a real pig, arent you?"

"I am not!" I snap at her. "Just sometimes I can't be bothered to tidy up. Hey, what will you do when Will acts mum, dad and Tom about our 'engagement'?" I ask her. 

She shruggs her shoulders like she doesnt care. "I'm sure we can make something up," 

She sounded really confident. Good luck is what I say. It was her fault for lying to him, she could of said friends. Abbey can drive me crazy at times. At times? All times is what I mean. 

Ding, Dong! 

That must be Will. I glance at my watch and its six o clock on the dot. He's on time. Abbey and I went down the stairs and there he was. All dressed up in a suit. Tom was shaking his hand and so was dad. I went and shook his hand and as for Abbey, she was standing there acting like he was invisble but she finally managed to smile. She's such a child. 
He walked inside and sat down on the sofas. Any minute now was he going to mention the word 'engagement.'