Chapter-18

Chapter-18

-James

Anna's POV

I stared back into them in shock with my mouth open before standing up straight. He growled lowly while looking at me and sneered at me showing his teeth. I took a step back in fear. He is staring straight at me. I see a presence behind him and found another two brown wolves looking at me just like he is.

Don't get scared Anna. Be strong and brave, I told myself. I am a warrior and I will not be scared. We just stood there staring for a minute. Suddenly there was sound of leaves rustling and looked around me to see there wolves, many wolves. That's when I understood. I am trapped!

"It is you that attacked me, right?", I asked him even though I knew the answer.

He nodded his wolf head in response.

"What do you want?", I asked him trying to get an answer.

He stared back at me with anger and sneered loudly while taking a step towards. I took one back.

"Bane will kill you if he will find you here", I said but he seemed like he doesn't care. I took another step back as he took one forward.

Suddenly the dark brown wolf with those dark blue eyes, started to shift into his human form. He stood there naked. I didn't waver my eyes lower as I am not interested. He had an angry look on his face. His dark blue eyes, turn into a much darker shade. He has muscles. He has a handsome face with a nice jaw line.

"Why are you here? To kill me?", I asked him with no emotion in my voice. He walked towards me and I stood there, not scared of him.

"Wow! Finally that Beast did find his mate huh?", he said as he stood in front of me.

"He is not a Beast! He has a name!", I said angrily not liking the way he called my mate a Beast. I would never let anyone call my mate a Beast and disrespect him. My wolf agreed with me.

"Feisty I see", he said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. He is standing so close to me. "So.... Tell me Anna". He knows my name?! "How is your mate treating you? I mean.... Having a beast, a person that never shows emotions as mate, might sometimes be a very hard thing don't you think?", he asked while circling me. My anger boiled as he called him Beast again.

"One last time.... I am telling you.... Do not. Call. Him. Beast. Again!", I said seething in anger. "You know nothing about him!", I shouted. To my utter surprise, he laughed at me, though his laughter doesn't contain any humor in it.

"I don't know him? Oh believe me, I know him better than you do", he said the last words in a low voice. I frowned at what he said. What does he mean by that? "You still didn't answer my question", he pointed out.

"Like any mate would treat his mate. With care. If you really know him that much about him, you would have known this too. What do you mean by you know him better?", I asked him.

"Oh yeah, that. Only your best friend can know you better, right?", he said. I frowned before my eyes widened as the meaning behind the words drowned in me.

"What?". I stood there in shock. As he took another round around me.

"Oh shocking, isn't it?", he mocked. Many questions kept running in my mind. None have answers. Suddenly he pulled my hair and looked into my eyes with anger. "He may have found you. But I won't let him have the happiness of having a mate, when he took away mine", he sneered at me. I gasped as he pulled my hair harshly. I can't believe my ears. What is talking about?! Bane would never do that!

"I don't believe you!", I said angrily while pushing him away, freeing myself.

"I don't care if you believe it or not. I am just not going to let him have what he took away from me. Mate. My happiness", he said the last words sadly. For a second I really felt sad for this guy for losing his mate, but I still don't believe him. "Now you! You are going to pay the price of being his mate!", he shouted and shifted into his dark brown wolf.

I stood in my fighting stance and before I can fight, a huge pure black wolf jumped from behind me over my head and tackled the dark brown wolf. I instantly knew it was Bane. All the other wolves around me went to help their leader. Bane held him by his neck with his jaws and threw him.

All the wolves started attacking me and Bane fought them fast. I felt a presence beside me and found our Beat and my brother.

"Come on Anna. Let's get you to safe place", Mike said and I looked at him like he lost his mind.

"No! I want to help Bane. I can't just leave him here with all these wolves!".

"Luna, Alpha can take care of that. This number is nothing to him. He ordered us to take you inside", Beta Jake said.

"I will not come with you! I don't care if it was an order from him. I want to here with my mate", I said strictly. I turned to see Bane looking at me with him black eyes.

Anna, go with them. Don't defy me now, he ordered strictly.

Before I can defy him, he turned around and fought the wolves. I took a minute to watch him fight before Mike nudged me.

"Let's go", he said. I nodded at him and turned around. The pack's Gamma and other wolves were there, standing and watching their Alpha fight furiously.

"Why aren't they fighting instead of Bane?", I asked Jake.

"They can, but when Alpha starts, it should be finished by him. He wouldn't like it when others involve in between. Also this is important Luna", he said, his voice void of emotions.

"I know. He is his best friend", I said and Mike looked at me with wide eyes.

"So, he told you", Jake said as he stood behind me looking around carefully for any sudden attacks.

I just looked away not wanting to ask any further questions knowing that I wouldn't get any from him. About all my doubts and questions, I should only ask Bane.

I looked back for one time and found Bane in his human form fighting his best friend, who is in human form too. Before I can see anything, we are out of the woods.

"He is not a rouge, right?", I asked. When he was near me, he didn't smell anything like rogues do.

"No Luna. He is not. He the Alpha of Night Claws pack", he said and I nodded my head.

"What is his name?", I asked Jake.

"James", he replied. My mind kept asking only one question over and over.

What happened between them?

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Liked the twist? Curious? What do you think? Tell me. There are still more twists coming. So stay tuned. Your comments really help me.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.