Maximus Speaks

Here we go!!! Y'all enjoy!!

*Alex POV*

I can't believe she did that to me. Well actually I can believe it but I never thought she would actually do it.

Mate left Max. Why did mate leave Max? He asked for the millionth time in the past two hours. Yes. It had been two hours since Delilah was taken. Two agonizing hours.

You big doofus she left me too! But I don't know buddy.... I don't know...

He howled and sped up faster, not even caring if the wolfs following him were falling behind. In all of my thousands of years being alive, I have never felt Max this heartbroken and it was scaring me. I had a good chuckle when Delilah first accepted us and he was prancing around like a tiny puppy who was waiting for its favorite chew toy to be thrown. Now, if you actually threw that toy, he would just howl even more and pound the floor.

I watched from the back of his mind as he sped through the forest, going straight through the familiar path to Dimitri's palace. Yeah he had his main home here in Alaska as well -making it easy for us whenever we had to meet up- but now I wished he lived thousands of miles away so he would have never met her. And he used to be my best friend...... How could he?....

Why can't we hear mate? Mate is always on Max's mind but Max can't hear her. He whizzed past a tree, centimeters away from knocking it down when he asked me this.

I was worried about that as well. My beautiful girl had blocked her thoughts as soon as she sent me that last message. I had linked William, ordering him to come release me, but he responded with a 'I'll be there soon. Fighting off these bloodsuckers each step I take!' And I groaned in frustration. It took him ten horrifying minutes to get to the vault. Throughout those ten minutes, every pup and female that were present stood far away from me, fearing that I would turn my frustration from the door to them. When I tried to reassure them, they all but scrambled away in a rush and gave me a wide space.

Not that I was complaining anyways. Both Max and I were pissed at the time, and we still were, but we both just wanted the same thing. Our mate back in our arms, safe and sound.

She left us. She left me. Why would she do it though? Wasn't she happy with us, with me-

Alex? He whispered, interrupting my depressing thoughts.

Yeah Max? He never called me Alex. He was too formal and whenever he would say my name, he would say Alexander so I knew he wasn't himself.

Did mate reject us?

I quickly shook my head -well whatever head I had- and sighed. Of course not. She bares our mark, your mark, remember? Delilah will never reject us. She loves us.

Then why did she leave? Why did she lock Max up in safe when danger was outside.

I was about to respond to his question again when he stopped, making the few wolfs who had managed to catch up stop as well. With Max's sensitive hearing, I heard one set of footsteps coming not far from where we were and I snarled.

It's coming from the direction of Dimitri's place. I informed the warriors and I saw a few of them nod while others just pawed the dirt, getting ready to pounce at any second. Max sniffed the air and as I smelled the scents with him, I froze. Her scent was faint, but it was there. It was mixed with Dimitri's, whose murky scent we were smelling, feet away.

MATE! Max snarled before he lunged the few feet left over. His ears flattened and the threatening growl was coming from both of us as we watched Dimitri stop and stare at us. He didn't do anything else except stare at us in surprise for a few seconds