68 The way of the sword

Yuna stared aghast at the Bokuto in her hand. "For real?!"

"You don't want to wear out your father's sword unnecessarily, right?", explained Yoshiro the choice of the training tools.

The high school student groaned. "I had hoped that I would be done with this crap by now."

"Come on. It also minimizes the risk of injury."

"I can't be hurt. Have you forgotten that?"

The Oni grinned embarrassed. "I was more thinking about myself. I'm not a tank like you. Don't forget that."

"As if I could ever hit you."

Yoshiro smirked. "I prefer to not underestimate my opponents."

"Okay. Let's get started."

The huntress took the opening stance that she knew from the Kendo. Her mentor smiled and stifled a laugh.

"What?!", grumbled Yuna.

"Nothing." Yoshiro held his sword in front of him. They stared at each other, but no one moved.

"Come at me!", ordered Yuna.

"No. I'm curious what you will do."

The blue-haired struck and shouted: "Do!"

The wooden sword of her mentor swung aside and parried Yuna's weapon.

Irritated, she looked at him. "What was that?!"

"Forget your Kendo training. This is about fighting. Your opponents will not value your etiquette. They want to kill you. Nothing else. Kill them faster."

Yuna pressed her lips together. She got annoyed, since Yoshiro again was making fun of her. "Fine.", she growled.

She threw herself against him and slammed. With a loud clack the Oni stopped her attack. "Just like that."

"Stop your gibberish."

A quick succession of blows met Yoshiro's parade, but he could withstand her attacks. He ducked and hit Yuna with the side of his sword against her ribs. "Watch your defense."

"My skin is my defense." Another blow followed.

The Oni recoiled. "If you use your power, I'll use mine."

"Like I care."

Yoshiro disappeared from her sight. The huntress whirled around to parry an attack from behind.

"Good reflexes.", remarked Yoshiro.

"That was obvious."

"I understand."

He disappeared again. The girl glanced over her shoulder. She had not heard the characteristic hiss. She had noticed that when Yoshiro teleported, he made a faintest sound. Probably because of the air that he repressed while appearing at the new location.

Something fell down on her and threw her to the ground. Yoshiro stood over her.

"Didn't expect this, right?", he smirked.

"No." The blue-haired tried to strike him, but he vanished again. "That's not funny.", she complained while getting up on her feet.

He appeared in front of her. "Sorry. I couldn't resist."