69 Wash day

Thoughtfully, Yuna walked home in the evening. It was about time, that she thought about the future of her hunt. Eventually, she would have to hunt alone. To constantly rely on Yoshiro slowed her down. He hunted for different reasons then herself anyway. For him, it was a mean to keep his community a secret, but she wanted to protect mankind. She needed to become stronger in order to destroy Tirr.

There had to be a way in which she could track the Oni better. To wait until something happened, was way too inefficient. She should google about this on occasion. Someone may have the same problem somewhere in the wide of the Internet. It was almost impossible, that there were no others like her. Yoshiro had only encountered her father and herself so far.

She should come up with a strategy for hunting. Did she want to shoot or fight them with the sword? How should she transport her equipment? The sword and the Wakizashi on the belt? A leg holster for a gun?

For close combat spoke that the beasts mostly attacked her upfront, and with her invulnerability she was most likely adequately protected. The girl sighed. Only experience would show her the way.

To use the shotgun on the previous day had indeed been fun, but the recoil and noise emissions spoke clearly against it. Definitely not her first choice. The assault rifle was alright, but it was too big to carry it concealed. She could hardly run through the city, armed to the teeth like a soldier in a war.

Yoshiro's unobtrusive armament was quite understandable.

The huntress switched her thoughts to other things. What power could Shinji Shiba possess? She should have asked him. She remembered that she was expected on Monday for the memorial rites for her family. Perhaps she would meet Shiba-san then. And could ask him about his power.

She shook her head. That was enough about her hunter existence. So, tomorrow was Saturday and the Wakamino concert was coming up. She was excited to see what the band had to offer. However, she really needed some clothes. She had to do her laundry. If she could ask Ayumi for help?

The girl snorted amused. She pretty surely had to fight Ayumi's plans for her. The redhead had certainly thousand ideas on how she wanted to spruce Yuna for Wataru.

Sometimes it seemed to the huntress as if she was almost forced to fall for the singer. That she couldn't consult her own feelings didn't make it easier for her.

The front door of the pension came into her field of vision. The girl stopped. How long had she been on the road? Was she running? Yoshiro had mentioned that she had become faster. Another problem. Among humans she had to behave inconspicuously.

Yuna pulled out her key, opened the door, and went inside. Behind herself she closed the door well-behaved, took off her shoes and put them in her shelf compartment. It smelled of food. Pizza, to be exact. Who was in the kitchen? Only one way to find out.

As the huntress walked in, she found Ayumi sitting at the table and writing something on her cell phone.

"Hey," greeted Yuna.

The redhead looked up. "Well, hello. Everything cool?"

"So far, so good." The younger one remained somewhat irresolute in the doorway.

"Surely, you have smelled the pizza in the oven and got hungry," smirked Ayumi.

"Am I that easy to read?"