Things Looking Up

Please, I thought, please... And finally Ace did something. He stood up and swallowed a little nervously. Oh my god, was he going to break up with me? My heart contracted with nerves and I clasped my hands together in a death grip.

"I thought you were going to break up with me," he whispered.

I widened my eyes- had he not heard me or something? My eyebrows flew up into my airline and I was about to repeat the corniest of speeches I had ever made, when Ace pressed his thumb against my lips. I was shushed, and stared at him.

"I can't not be in love with you," he confessed, "you came into my life and I felt something I thought I'd lost in that fire with my family. I love you, Serena, please don't doubt that."

My hands were trembling for nerves and my face broke into a wide smile. Ace pressed his lips against mine gently, but I was not having that. I deepened it, our bodies colliding with such force that we toppled over onto his bed. Ace started to laugh against my mouth; I think we were both giddy.

I rolled on top of him, spreading my fingers against his chest. Ace grinned up at me, his green eyes a beautiful mix of moss, lime and seaweed. I leant down and rested my forehead on his, staring down deeply into his eyes.

"I love you," I repeated.

His fingers slid over my back and he winked at me. He toppled me over, and suddenly I was underneath him. Before I could complain, he was kissing me harder than he had ever before and boy, he was a good kisser.

Especially when his kisses started to trail down my neck and lower...

***

I crawled out of Aces bed in the morning. Oh god, I hoped I wouldn't bang into Cam in the way to my room. I pressed my ear to the door, trying to decide if there were sounds of someone in the corridor. Hmm, it seemed to be safe and sound.

I lightly pulled the door open and started to tip-toe out. But then, one of the biggest and hardest choices of life came up. My stomach rumbled with hunger and I stared lustfully at the direction of the kitchen. Should I risk getting caught and make myself a sandwich, thus ending my torment of hunger? Or play it safe and have to wait another ten minutes. Better safe than sorry... But then my stomach let out a soft aching whine and I decided. Yup, food always came first.

I padded down the corridor, dressed only in Ace's shirt and my underwear from yesterday. I opened the fridge and grabbed the strawberry jam. Then I shoved a piece of bread into the toaster and poured myself a big glass of milk. I downed it quickly, keeping a watchful eye on Cams door.

Then I heard a low murmur coming from behind his door. Panicking I ducked down, crouching on the floor like a fugitive. The voices were louder and his door creaked open.

"I'm glad we figured this out," Cam said, sounding happy.

A familiar laugh tinkled down our apartment. No way! It couldn't be...

"Me too," came Lee's voice, "and I'm glad you managed to show me a few new moves while we were at it. Who knew you were so..." Her voice dropped seductively, "flexible."