CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

Standing infront of Paisley's mother, I was drowning in shame and guilt. A woman who had treated me like her son more than a son-in-law. She had trusted me with her precious gem, but I ruined her

"Well hello, Kyle." She said like talking to a stranger.

"Hi mom." I replied with a small hesitant smile.

"If you would move aside, I would like to enter." She said, her voice holding heavy dislike.

"Oh sure. I am sorry." I said moving to the side.

Paisley came out of the kitchen to the main door.

"Mom!" She exclaimed merrily and hugged her.

"Hello sweetheart!" Her mother said kissing her cheek.

"How are you mom? I haven't been able to visit you or talk to you for a while now." Pasiley said breaking the hug.

"I am doing good, honey. And yes you didn't visit or talk to this old woman in a while, that is why I came to visit you and my grandsons as a surprise. But it seems like I got one myself." She said the last part looking my way.

"Oh yeah. You see he has been visiting quite a few times here because of the kids." Paisley said nerverously.

"Why have you been coming down to my daughter's house, Kyle? It's fine if you want to see the boys, but that can be done even without you coming down to her place." She said directly looking at me.

"Uh.. I want to visit my family, mom. I think it won't be very convient for Paisley to drop the kids everyday to the hotel and pick them up, so I visit here whenever needed." I told her.

"First and foremost do not call me mom because I am not, you lost that right the night you threw my pregnant daughter, your pregnant wife out of the house. Secondly, did you ever ask her if she wants you to come down to her place? No, you didn't! Do not worry about her convenience. If things are inconvienent for her, she will let you know when to pick and drop Noah and Ryder." Mom said in a serious voice.

"Why mum.." I said but she cut me off.

"It's Grace or Miss.Evans for you, young man." She snapped and could feel her anger towards me.
Standing infront me was the woman who always insisted I called me mom after knowing me and Paisley were about to get married, but now, things are the pollar opposite.

"Okay. Grace, I have already done the damage which can never be undone, even if I would trade anything in the world for it, it would still remain the same. But I can try and will make ammends for my deeds. I will keep trying till my wife forgives me, I know till be extremely hard for her, but I will prove myself. As for convenience is concerned, it is my duty, responsibility and right to ensure her well-being and comfort. So, that is something neither you nor your daughter can stop me from. The kids are also my responsibility, they aren't only Paisley's! If I want to come here, I can and I will! She is legally my wife and I have the access to her and her routine places." I said in a calm voice.

"Still the same old demanding and arrogant man you are. Haven't you hurt my daughter enough? You have caused her pain that is incurable! I know her very well, she will forgive you as the time passes, but she will never forget it. She will never forget that you punished her for something irrelevant to her. For god's sake, my baby was just the same age as your sister when all that happened to you and your family! She was never loved by her father even for a single second! Do you think she deserved it? What did you get by doing that to her? Was it able to quench your thirst for revenge?" She said with hurt in her eyes. Hurt that I had caused to them all.