Epilogue

3 years later

It was rush hour. There was a line of cars stuck on the congested road one after the other. She slammed her hand on the steering wheel in frustration. She had just finished her last day of classes and she was in no mood for any stress but the traffic was not helping.

"Mommy!!!"

She rolled her eyes, and yes Ejaz was not being the patient baby anymore. Now almost four years old, he was a handful. She had just picked him up from school and was driving to her sisters' café. She frowned remembering Fadil's mysterious phone call an hour ago.

"Can you come to the café when you get Ejaz from school?" Fadil had requested in a mysterious tone.

"Do I have to? I am tired Fadil." Ramlah had replied in annoyance.

"Sweetheart please."

"Fine." She had muttered.

And now here she was driving through the heavy traffic. Her feet were swollen and her back was killing her.

"Ejaz your father sometimes drives me crazy." Ramlah mumbled without a thought as she steered the car to the next lane.

"Baba loves Mommy," the young boy beamed sitting on his car seat.

Ramlah glanced at her son at the rear view mirror and despite her annoyance she smiled. Fadil was never reluctant to express his love whether with his words or actions.

"Who said that to you?" Ramlah asked in amusement.

"Baba." He smirked.

She grinned and shook her head slightly at her son's brazen revelation of his parents' love. Fadil was never shy about his feelings in front of Ejaz. In fact, the other day she was blushing when he kissed her cheek in front of a four-year-old inquisitive eyes. A tell-a-tale flush appeared on her cheeks as she parallel parked the car.

Fadil was standing in front of her sister's fusion café which had become a hit over the years and was doing great business. His hands were in his formal pants, his formal sky blue shirt first two buttons opened. The light summer breeze fluttered his dark brown hair. He grinned showing off his white teeth when he saw her parking the car. Before Ramlah had the opportunity, he had opened the car door and leaned forward in the car. His lips coming treacherously close to hers, in panic she placed her hand on his lips.

"Fadil please we are in public."

He never failed to tease her and even years later she easily blushed at his display of affection. He chuckled softly and winked, "I wasn't doing anything. I was only unbuckling your seatbelt. You are the one with naughty thoughts"

She narrowed her eyes and he laughed harder. His hands coming to rest on her nine-month pregnant belly.

"How's my baby doing?" he asked lovingly.

"The baby has been making her mama really really tired." Ramlah snorted as the seatbelt buckle loosed.

Fadil straightened and then offered his hand so she could easily stand up in her heavy form. When she was finally straightened, the restless boy at the backseat was kicking his legs in the air.

"Baba baba you forgot me."

Fadil opened the backseat door and smiled, "No son, how can Baba forget his naughty boy."

Ejaz chuckled as Fadil freed him from the car seat and he jumped on Fadil, enthusiastic for his father to scoop him up in his arms.

"I thought you are a big boy now that you go to school." Fadil complained.