- 7 -

***Nicole’s Point Of View***

“Nicole! Melissa! Come downstairs! It’s time for dinner!” calls a blonde haired lady who looked a bit like me. Two identical girls come running down the steps. They looked like me when I was about four years old. They run into the arms of the woman.

“We love you, Mommy!” they say in unison.

“I love you too, girls. I’m so happy we’re a family again,” she tells them, getting teary eyed and holding her children close. She had a wide smile on her face.

~*~*~*~

I sit up in bed, sweating buckets and panting. I glance out the window and see that it’s still dark outside. The clock on my nightstand read 2:16 AM. That was some dream.

I looked at my computer sitting on my desk. I get out of bed and cross the room, sitting down in the chair. I bring up Google and type ‘Melissa Collins’ into the search bar.

It takes me some time, but I eventually find the Facebook page of a girl who looks just like me. Harry wasn’t lying. Apparently, neither was my mother. I have a twin sister that I didn’t even know existed. I run my hands through my already messy wavy blonde hair. I can’t believe this.

I browse through her profile and see that she didn’t have a location posted. I guess she’s in foster care too. I wonder how many homes she’s been in. I wonder where she’s living now. I wonder if she’s like me. I wonder if she’s into music. I wonder if she knows about me. I wonder if she talks to our mother. I wonder, I wonder, I wonder…

But I’ll never know. She’s probably miles away. I’ll never get to meet her.

I open a new message and address it to her. What am I even supposed to say? ‘Hi! I’m your long lost twin.’?

Instead I just write: ‘Hey’

Now I just have to wait. I go back to sleep, anxiously thinking of her reply.

***Harry’s Point Of View***

I open Nicole’s door and quietly walk inside. She looked so peaceful and innocent.

I could barely sleep last night. Thoughts of that man kept running through my head about what would have happened if I hadn’t found her in time. I kept wanting to check on her throughout the night just to make sure she’s okay, but I had to remind myself that she’s safe here.

I sit on the edge of her bed and shake her shoulder gently.

“Rise and shine, sleeping beauty.”

Her eyelids slowly flutter open and she smiles at me. “What time is it?” she asks, wiping her eyes.

“About ten o’clock. Last time I didn’t wake you up I was yelled at so…”