Chapter Thirty Seven

Hey my beautiful readers,

It's been like a lifetime,  I know. I seriously am sorry, I've been in a bit of a rollercoaster with exams and results day and everything else in between with writer's block on top. I don't want to talk too much but honestly, you guys are the only ones who motivate me to write and continue.

Each one of you have made a difference so thank you.

Enjoy...

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

I really shouldn’t have come here.

There’s moments where you have a sudden idea and you choose not to think about it. There are moments where you think that it might be good and you should just go with it. Sometimes questioning everything isn’t good. Living life on the edge could be right for some but it didn’t mean that it could be right for you.

Yet here I was living on the edge and now I think I was one of those people who were making a mistake.

“You just had to sneak up on him didn’t you,” I muttered to myself. I just couldn’t believe that I would be a fool like this. Though I was scolding myself, another part of me felt pretty damn rebellious. I liked that part more, the one that told me that life shouldn’t always be the same dullness.

“No you fucking prick, he said the guy would come here and collect it.”

My thoughts were discarded when the males voice filled my ears. I was standing flat against a brick wall with my heart drumming slightly. I was very close to Drake’s gang’s hideout place. I wanted to follow him to the warehouse but I couldn’t get pass the gates where two men were keeping an eye out.

So here I was ducking undercover from two gang members and although I could just walk in since I’m the boss’s girlfriend, I didn’t want Drake knowing I was here. I guess you could say I was spying on him but I just wanted to know what happens around here. However, from the fifteen minutes I’ve been standing here, nothing interesting goes on.

“Yeah but the guys taking fucking ages,” one of the two-gang members groaned. I knew they were getting impatient since they were getting ticked off from each other. They were waiting for said guy to collect the drugs so they could get back in the warehouse and go after some other people- well that’s what I had gathered from standing here.

Now I was just waiting for them to leave so I could get in.

I peeked behind the wall and saw their backs. I had decided to call them Bill and Bob. Now I knew I could get past the gates since their backs were towards me but that would mean I had to beat them up so they couldn’t tell Drake and I knew that wouldn’t go down well. So I had to wait for that bloody guy to collect his damn drugs too.

It was fair to say all three of us were getting restless. It wasn’t fun waiting out here in the middle of nowhere, especially when you knew you shouldn’t be. I was going to get in so much trouble if Drake catches me.

“The bastards finally here!” Bill pointed out.

My head snapped up from the stone I was staring at. I peeked behind the wall and then with narrowed eyes, I watched the man walk towards Bill and Bob with this aura that was not right. It was his determined steps and ruggedly massive body that didn’t settle well with me and in my gut, I felt something twisted.

“What took you so long?” Bob grumbled when this hulk finally reached them.  I could see the man clearly and his eyes were so empty and so dead that I felt goose bumps run across my arms.