Chapter 1: The Heart Break

River had been going from one jewelry store to another for the last hour in search of the perfect gift for his beautiful girlfriend, Lynn. Something stunning, yet simple to display his affection for the girl who took his breath away, and stole his heart when they first met.

Being the star player of the football team at one of the most prestigious university in all of America, River had list-full of girls falling at his feet for a chance to date him. It also didn't help considering the fact that he was the sole heir to the Williams Empire.

Sure he had dated before, but he had never felt so drawn to anyone at first glance as he did for Lynn. They met during the celebration party after one of his games. He could still remember how heart-stopping she looked in her fitted, black dress, stopping mid-thigh. Her dark brown hair twisted off one shoulder and a gold pleated necklace adorned her neck with matching earrings.

She had congratulated him on a game well-played and from then on, they've crossed path so often that it gave coincidence a whole new meaning. Within the week they've met, people had already coupled them together so it only seemed natural when the question was thrown out to them during a get-together with their friends on the status of their relationship that they've simply went along with it, making their relationship official that night.

It had been more than five months since then, and he was planning a romantic date upon hitting the six months point which was in two days. He had already planned what to cook, and bought all the groceries and equipment for what he planned after eating dinner. All that was left was a gift and so far none had caught his attention.

Looking at all the jewelry displayed in front of him, he felt a bit overwhelmed. Carefully cruising through the display, a gorgeous silver gold bracelet caught his attention.

"May I see that one please?" River pointed to the bracelet in question.

"Of course, sir," the saleswoman unlocked the glass-enclosed counter and handed it to River. "I must say beautiful choice! It's our latest model and its design is a rarity in of its own."

Taking a closer look at the bracelet, he was taken aback by the intricate design. A simple yet stunning design of a rose centered the bracelet with tiny leaves on either side that connected to the silver gold chain.

"This is perfect." River concluded and he was sure that Lynn would be blown away especially with her fondness of jewelry which he was well aware of. After paying for the bracelet, he headed home in relief.

River arrived home after driving back for 50 minutes. He parked his Porsche that his parents gave him on his eighteen birthday in one of the various parking space. He had about three hours to complete the assignment for one of his business classes before having to pick up Lynn from campus to go the opening of a new club that she'd been excited to attend.

Lynn had always been one to socialize with everyone. One of the reasons she was infamous among the students at Haldenbridge University, was her interactions with them despite their differences. Her beauty had people stop in their track and simply stare at her sheer perfection. She was like a Christmas gift all wrapped up in its glory. And she was all his! A smile appeared on River's face as he reminisced how in such a short of time, Lynn had made a place in his life.

Shaking his head, River hid Lynn's gift in a drawer of his office desk and subsequently locked it. Afterwards, he fired up his laptop and began working on his business assignment.

Having been so focused on his work, River didn't realize that he'd been at it for the last three hours and a half. The sound of incoming texts broke his momentum and upon checking the message, he noticed the time.