Chapter 4.

After Hayden's small gathering that we had in the back, I decided to start keeping my promise to Eric right away. I didn't go in Sunday to Java Beans, but I was finally back on the schedule. With David and Piper gone, and myself, Eric was short staffed. He did hire two new people, but my position was always there waiting for me.

Although Eric insisted on me not working, for now at least since in a few months I was going to be in labor. I insisted back to him. Grace was able to work, so I could work too. It would be less stress on Eric, which would mean he would be able to spend more time at home. I do miss him, it feels like Saturday was the first time in a long time we were actually together.

This morning I was opening up Java Beans with this new guy Eric hired. I told Eric I would take over the morning shift, that way maybe he can rest a bit longer. The girl who Eric recently hired, I believe her name is Monica. Her and the new guy, whose name I completely forgot, are newly graduates from Paris's school. It sucks really, once summer's over we'll be losing three employees. Plus, at around that time I'm gonna be ready to give birth. I've been telling Eric we should promote Isiah and Charlotte, that way when that time does come we don't have too much stress. We'll still stress, but it won't be as bad, especially since we'll have a new born baby.

Our plan for now is to train the two new people, once we have their two weeks notice we'll have to start looking for other employees. What I do know though, is that even though they say they only want to stay for a certain amount of time, sometimes they stay longer. If they do leave, hopefully it won't be too hard to find new help. We get many applications online every day, so hopefully it won't be too hard to find new employees.

Although I was opening up, Eric insisted on going as well. He wanted to catch up on paper work, and maybe look over some applications. Although we weren't too sure about the guy and Monica staying for long, Paris was for sure leaving once summer was over. We for sure did need to hire another employee. Not to mention the other Java Beans chains that need Eric's help.

Eric and his Dad have split the work about being co-owners, but Eric pretty much does most of the work. His Dads always saying he's testing him, to make sure he was cut out for the job. He's always talking about how hes not going to stay forever, and someone needs to take over the work. I hate hearing him talk like that, and so does Eric. At the end though, hes right. We're all going there eventually.

Eric and I made our way to Java Beans. It's been so long since I've came here. Usually at this time I would be sleeping, or it'd be a bad day where I wake up early and stay in Hayden's room.

Although it's hard for me to just act like nothings happened, I need to try. I'm not going to forget about Hayden, I just need to stay strong for Grace. She needs me, just as much as Hayden does.

As we got to Java Beans, the new guy was waiting outside the shop. That reminded of when it was my first day, Eric left me for a few minutes outside the coffee shop. It's crazy how fast time passes. Not that long ago I was that employee waiting for the boss to show up. Now, I'm riding in his passenger seat with his baby.

"What's his name again?" I asked Eric as he parked.

"Adam, let's hope he's a quick learner like Monica," Eric commented.

"Good thing I'm here," I said. "I have more patients than you do." I opened the door as I smiled at Eric.

Eric and I made our way to the door. The guy stopped leaning against the wall, and he started to look a bit more attentive.

"Good morning, Adam. I'm Aaliyah, and I'll assume you've met Eric. I'll be training you today." I introduced myself as Eric opened the door.

All three of us entered, and I was quick to show Adam where the break room was and were we have the stock of our things.

I hate to admit it, but it was nice being back at the coffee shop. The smell of coffee was so familiar, I loved the scent.

Adam and I made our way to the front, Eric had helped us out with some of the coffee but he left most of the work left to be done.

"Let me show you how we open up. I'm not too sure how your schedule will look, but I have a feeling were gonna give you morning shifts until you fully learn everything," I said to him.

"That sounds fine by me, I hope to learn everything quickly," he responded.

"You will, the job isn't hard at all, just takes patience and time," I responded.

I started to show Adam how to stock the  desserts and snacks we sell. Afterwards, I showed him about the coffee and how to make them as customers came in.

The guy seemed nice, but there was something about him I couldn't quite put hands on.

He seemed very polite, which was a good thing. Just his, looks. Shaggy black hair, dark brown eyes. The way he even smiles looks very familiar.

In order not to seem weird on the first day I met him, I stopped thinking about the matter. If there is something familiar about this guy, or something we should know about him. The truth will eventually come out.