Chapter Eighteen~* (Edt.)

1~ Jamie

It's been a few days since my confession to Gabriel. It's also been a few days since a girl in my town and school disappeared and three different people were found dead.

"As police continue to investigate, we will be interviewing the mother of the missing girl." The shot pans out and takes in the figure of another lady. She's a nervous wreck and you can tell she's on the verge of crying. "Tell me, ma'am, what happened?" 

"I-I don't know!" She wails. "M-m-my b-baby, my doll, s-she was right the-there. A-all she was g-going to do wa-was go out f-f-for a breath of a-air. Away fr-from the c-cops." The woman breaks down in tears and the camera moves away from her.

"And there you have it, folks. The pain of a grieving mother. Let's give it back to Rick at the main office." The woman says, panicking slightly.

The camera moves away and now we can see a man and a woman. "Thanks, Barbara. Police reports and news articles have stated that the woman not only lost her daughter to this serial killer, but her husband as well. It would seem the mother was away for the weekend and was forced home early by her husband's death. Let's give it to Marie over at the police station." The man stops talking and the camera moves away again.

"Good afternoon, I am Marie and I am standing right in front of the police office. I managed to get an officer who is willing to give us a hint of what's going on." It goes from Marie to the officer.

"Yes I will, ma'am. Reports have recently come in and show the other victims were a teenager and a hospital nurse. It would seem they were all killed by the same person. We have reasons to believe it is a man because of what the young girl who was kidnapped said. I was there that day and heard everything she said. Of course, we didn't believe her. We all thought she was making the whole thing up."

"Tell us, officer, what did she say?"

"Uh, she said the killer was a crazy man. He broke into their house and killed her father then went up after her. She described him as... Having white skin and eyes bordered with black. Also, she said he had a smile carved into his face. When she started saying this, we thought it was her who killed her dad. You know, we thought she was making up this elaborate, unreal man to get out of being blamed for murder.

"But, it was just like her mother said. She just stepped out for a breath of air. Of course at first we thought she made a break for it, but we found scuffle marks in the dirt and, when we followed them, they led us to the forest where they suddenly disappeared. Pretty suspicious if you ask me. The police are asking that if anybody knows anything about this man or where he's hiding, if they could call in or drop by the police station to help us out."

"Thank you sir. Now, lets bring it back to Rick at the main office."

Once again the camera moves away. Rick opens his mouth to speak but I don't get to find out what he's going to say next because out of nowhere the TV suddenly turns off.

"Jamie, you seriously need to stop watching this." Gabriel comes into view with the remote in hand. "Come here." He holds out his arms to me and throws the remote on the couch.

"I can't help myself." I slowly stand and walk into his arms, where I bury my face into his chest and breathe his scent in. It's like my drug at this point, I just can't get enough. "Gabriel, tho-"

"Jamie, stop. Those people are not dead because of you." He says firmly and tightens his grip on me.

"But they are!" I shout.

"Jamie, stop thinking like that! It's not true."

"You just don't know," I whisper.

"Then help me understand because I'm lost." He pulls away from me. There's a mix of sadness and anger in his eyes.