Oh, the Joy of Asgard (2)

Oh, the Joy of Asgard Pt. 2

                     I glanced at the necklace that surprisingly felt warm against my skin. It was a simple emerald pendant adorned with a silver patterned frame, and just like it was when he held it out to me, it was glowing a light green. Hooking my arm into Loki's, he led me to the dining room. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach in anxiety. It's not a secret that Odin doesn't want me here, and even though Frigga and Thor are the least of my worries, there's others to keep in mind. I've already met one of the warriors, Fandral. That meant I'll be meeting Hogun, Volstag, and Sif in a matter of minutes.

                                 "Relax. If anyone should be nervous, it should be me. After all, I'm the one who's not very liked here." Loki said, noticing my uneasiness.

                                     "And we're going to work on that." I stated confident in my own promise.

                                    Loki groaned and began to shake his head. "No. I rather like the fact that most of the Asgardians are scared of me, and those who aren't, just stay away from me..."

                                     "Because it keeps you from getting hurt." I finished for him, realizing why he's kept himself reserved the whole time. "To get close to someone means to care for someone, and when there is caring, love gets involved. Love is one's greatest weakness." I raised a finger at him with a small smile. "Don't be so surprised. I know you."

                                        "And love will be the death of me." He joked.

                                    Faint voices were heard and soon enough I saw them all seated at the big, long table. Fortunately, the room didn't quiet down as we entered. They were all engrossed in their own conversations. Loki led us to two empty seats and sat right next to me. It wasn't until then that Odin, who sat at the foot of the table, addressed us. "Nice of you to join us Lady Banner."

                                          "It's an honor." I replied, not knowing what else to say but not wanting to not reply to him either. Odin nodded curtly with a small smile and turned to Loki, engaging into small conversation with him that I had no business in.  Frigga sat to his right, sending me a genuine smile that I returned. I noticed the spot next to her was empty, but the spot next to that one was occupied by a woman around my age with the darkest hair I'd ever seen. She caught my stare and watched me with curiosity.

                                            "You must be the Midgardian Loki brought." She said sharply, raising her eyebrows and then tearing her gaze from me, scoffing a bit in the process as if I wasn't of any importance. Well, to her, I wasn't.

                                           "I'd prefer to be called Eryn, but yes." I replied in the same tone she had used. Her lips cracked into a smile-that I didn't know whether to take as a good or bad thing- and she turned to me once again, staring at me for a moment.

                                                 "And you can call me Sif." She spoke, extending her hand out towards me. I tried my best to hide my relief. I seriously thought she didn't like me and was going to make my experience here horrible. I think I've watched too many movies...My hand met hers and I shook it frankly. "You have a steady hand, have you ever fought with a sword before?" I shook my head no. "Would you like to learn how to handle one?"

                                                      "If you don't mind." I answered honestly. Sword fighting wasn't at the top of my 'to do' list, but I had to find something to occupy myself with while here. Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound so bad either...